Chapter Thirty-Nine

Scarlett

The night we have all been waiting for was finally here. It was the first game of the season for the Cobras. Ryder and Pheonix have been a mixture of pumped up and a bundle of nerves throughout the day, but by the time they had to head over to the stadium, you could see the fire and excitement in their eyes...that urge to give hell out on the field. The looks they gave me before walking out the door were the same ones I witnessed back in high school. Even years later, that intense passion they had for the game had never died down but only became stronger.

"Damn girl, I don't think I got the memo to dress like sexy badass bitch," Vee lifts her brows, looking at my outfit once I open the front door to our apartment.

I softly chuckle at her reaction, shaking my head

I softly chuckle at her reaction, shaking my head. "You sure? Because you definitely look like one to me."

"Yeah, you're right," She does a twirl while we both laugh

She walks inside before I shut the door.

Vee and I were going to the game together. I wanted to drive back with Phoenix afterward so it worked out going over in her car.

I have actually been looking forward to hanging out with her all week because she seems so fun, and besides the guys that I hang around always, I don't have many friends that are girls. Facetime calls with Lily and Mia aren't the same as them being in the same room with me or going out together.

"You know how hard it was to find an outfit for the game tonight? I had to go out and buy a yellow top because I barely own that color," I said as we made our way towards the kitchen.

She sat down on one of the stools by the counter. "That was me when I first met Jesse and started going to the games. Yellow and black weren't my colors...well, they still aren't, but now there is a shit ton of those colors in our closet."

"Are Cobras even yellow? I feel like they should be the Bumble Bees instead," I joked, opening up our alcohol cabinet.

Vee let out a loud laugh. "Oh my god. We should make a petition to change their team name to the Bumble Bees instead. The boys would love that, I'm sure."