Chapter Two

Scarlett

Ryder looked over at all of us with a smirk. "What do you guys say to a little night drive?"

"I'm down!" Lily sat up straight, waiting on everyone else's decision.

Mia nodded. "Me too."

"Can I drive your car, Ryder?" Luke asked, raising a brow.

Ryder let out one short laugh. "No way in hell."

"What do you say, Shortcake?" Nix stares over at me, patiently waiting for my answer.

"Hm, it depends. Are you taking Cherry?"

A small smile spread across his face. "Fuck yes, I am."

My eyes lit up instantly. Cherry was the name of Phoenix's car. It was a beautiful red convertible, and I absolutely loved riding in it any and every chance I got. "Then I'm in! Also...shotgun in Nixie's car!"

Jackson groaned. "Damnit."

"Always too slow for me, Jacky boy."

He rolled his eyes as I ruffled his hair with my hand.

Ryder stood up at the table. "Alright, so Mia and Lily are with me then?"

Lily looked up at him. "Sounds like it."

"Cool, cool. Nix, you go get your car and meet us out on the road before we get going."

"I vote we stop at Sonic for a snack first!" Luke said temptingly.

"Ohhh yeah, that's definitely happening," Ryder agreed.

Phoenix got up, pushing his chair in. "I'll go tell our parents where we're going."

He headed out of the dining room towards the kitchen. We could hear the distant sounds of their voices for a few minutes until Nix walked back out, smiling mischievously. "Okay, we're good to go."

My brow raised. "What's with that look?"

The second I ask, he pulls out a bottle of champagne from behind his back. "We are celebrating tonight after all, right?"

Ryder puts his hands together, smiling proudly. "That's my guy. Good thinking!"

"Hell yeah! But let's go before mom finds out and chases after our car," Jackson urges as we all know he's not joking. Aunt Sophie can be crazy at times.

I chuckled at his reaction before Phoenix went to pick up his car at his house next door.

He didn't waste any time either. Once Nix pulled out on the main road Jackson, Luke, and I met him out there.

The three of us hopped into his car as Ryder and the girls pulled out of the driveway