Chapter Sixty-Five

Scarlett

"Flight attendants, please prepare for landing."

We were officially back in Nevada for a short visit, and this time around, we got to take Vee, Sam, and Kole too. It was fall break for every one of us except Luke and Jack. Usually, it's a week-long, but it's cut short if you're on the baseball team since they still have a few games during it. Luckily the boys don't have to be back in Florida until the end of the week, so we took an early Saturday flight to Vegas, planning to stay until Tuesday. It's not the longest visit, but I'll take any chance we get to all be in the same place again...the entire Wolf pack, old and new.

"This was a lot more comfortable than that last flight we took," Ryder spoke up across from Nix and me

I arched a brow, whipping my head towards him when Nix began to talk. "Yeah, that was a shit flight."

My mouth slightly fell open. "Ha, if you two thought it was that bad, imagine how it was to be the armrest for two giants. Then to make matters worse, you both fell asleep in my direction, squishing my damn head. Try being a human pillow for almost five hours."

"Well, that's what you get for being a pipsqueak," Ryder shrugged with a hint of a smile on his face.

"And what you will get is my shoe up your ass if you don't shut up," My words laced heavily in sass.

Sam was grinning like a fool. "Hot damn."

Nix slipped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me against his chest. "You are a very comfortable pipsqueak," I slowly turned, narrowing my eyes at him. "You're also the prettiest woman in the world."

"Only in the world?"

"No," He shook his head, letting out a small chuckle. "No one in the entire universe could ever come close to the beauty that you have. There will never be a light as beautiful as yours."

My head slightly tilted as I stared up at him with the warmest smile, but my mind wandered to our little one. "Are you sure about that?" I asked, knowing that no matter the gender, girl or boy, they will shine far brighter than anything or anyone because they'll have the most patient, loving, and kind-hearted father to learn from. Not one person could ever dim their light...not ever. I will make it my mission never to let that happen.

Ryder spoke, breaking up the moment. "Yeah, are you sure, Nix? I mean, there could be a whole other planet with some badass blue alien girl."

"Taking Avatar a little too seriously, are we, Ry?" Vee rolled her eyes, chuckling.

"That movie sucked," Sam chimed in.

Ryder looked over, scrunching his face. "I think you deserve a shoe up your ass, too, for that comment."

"It was alright," Nix added. "I mean, it was fucking awesome when we watched it as kids, but since rewatching it the other night, I realized it wasn't all that little me hyped it up to be."