Chapter Twelve

Scarlett

Phoenix carried me back to his car so quickly he almost tripped over several branches along the way. His enthusiasm to get me home had me bursting out into a horrible fit of laughter but what was hidden behind it was the tingle in my core and the yearning for his touch all over my body. I was nearly exploding in different emotions right now. At least they were all the good kind, though.

He opened the door with one hand and accidentally dropped me onto the front seat. "Hey!" I yelped.

"Shit, I'm sorry Shortcake," He tried to hold in a chuckle, but he failed miserably.

I playfully scowled at him. "Next time, I will get in myself butter hands."

His brow raised as he looked down at me with his elbow resting on the top of the open door. "Butter hands?"

"Mhm," I smiled before biting my lip and forcing him out of the way by shutting my door.

Nix still stood outside of the car, shaking his head with an amused look until he ran over to the other side to hop into the driver's seat. "You are so going to pay for that sass soon."

"Oh, I am, am I?"

A sly smirk formed on his face as he placed his hand on my bare leg. He slowly ran his fingers all the way up the innermost part of my thigh, stopping them just before he touched the place I needed him most. Only another inch closer, and I'd be at his mercy. "Yes, you are," he growled back at me with dark and lustful eyes that I got lost in.

I sucked in a breath at the sight of this irresistibly sexy man beside me. My man. I softly smiled at the thought as we drove down our road. We were about to pull into my driveway until I told him to wait, so he quickly slowed down and stopped. "We should park at your house just in case Ryder comes home when we are still sleeping in the morning. Seeing your car in our driveway might raise suspicions.

"So, I'm staying over?" Nix gave me a goofy look as I rolled my eyes.

"Is that all you got from what I just said?"

He chuckled. "Sorry, sorry, that's a good idea. We will park at my house."

I started to shake my head at him with a small smile before he took us over to his driveway. Once we were parked, he came over to open my door for me and we proceeded to sneak our way back to my house.

"It's actually a good thing Jack knows about us. Otherwise, he would wonder where the hell I was with my car at home randomly," Phoenix pointed out.

"That's true, but then again, he would probably be completely oblivious and not question it knowing him."

He nodded. "Yeah, he is dumb like that."

"Something you two have in common, I guess," I playfully teased.

He whipped his head over at me with an arched brow. "Oh yeah?" Nix went up behind me, reaching out to tickle me.

"Phoenix!" I squealed, erupting in laughter.

One of his arms wrapped around me as the corners of his mouth softly curved up, and we continued to walk towards my house.