Chapter Forty-Six

Scarlett

All of us left the county jail, hoping that it would be the last time we ever had to step foot there again. Nobody knew what would happen with Jesse, but it didn't matter, to be honest. What did, though, was every person that walked out of that building together. It turned out that Jesse wasn't a good fit for our pack after all and that he didn't deserve the love Vee had to give him. It may hurt everyone now, but through this, we'll come out stronger than before.

Kole ended up taking Sam to go pick up his car from Vee and Jesse's apartment complex before meeting the rest of us back at our place. We hung out for a little while until Kole went home for the night but we managed to talk Sam and Vee into spending the night with us. It was a crazy and exhausting day for the both of them, and we didn't think they should go through all the emotions from it alone. I just wanted the rest of us to be a comfort to them when they needed it. That's what family is for, after all.

~~

As I was sleeping, I heard the rustle of our sheets on Pheonix's side before feeling the heat of his body close to mine. Without opening my eyes, the faintest smile formed on my lips while he placed several kisses against my shoulder, moving to my neck as it slightly tickled.

"Nixie," I breathlessly whispered.

"Yes, baby?" He hummed just as the sheet covering me was slowly being pulled down by him while his teeth nipped at the sensitive skin on my neck.

My eyes then fluttered open, looking down to see that irresistible grin. "What do you think you're doing, mister?"

His stormy blue eyes pulled me in before the corner of his mouth curved into a smirk. "I'm about to have breakfast."

"Oh?" I playfully arched a brow. "What's on the menu?"

He sat upon his knees, placing one on either side of my legs. "You," He said, taking the bottom of my t-shirt and gradually lifting it up and off my body until I was exposed entirely below him. His eyes scoured every single inch of me as his fingers softly grazed down my sides, shooting a tingle to my aching core. "My god, you're fucking perfect."

My eyes lock on his as I reach out to place my hand on his chest, softly moving down his abs. His breathing quickened at my touch as I bit my lip at his reaction. I admired his tanned and muscular body before the place I wanted to touch the most caught my eye, but when I was just about to the large bulge in his boxers, he snatched my hand, pulling it up in the air. "What?" I gave him a pout with furrowed brows.

He cocked his head to the side with a sly grin. "I already told you," He leaned down, still grasping my hand as he took hold of my other one before pulling them up above my head towards the headboard behind us. "The first meal of the day is always the most important," His body hovered over mine, giving me a lustful stare. "Now keep your hands up here and let me enjoy it, but if you let go before I tell you to, then that sexy ass of yours is in for a world of pain," His deep and gravelly voice had my pussy dripping with desire. "Okay?"

"Yes, baby," I swallowed slowly, gripping the headboard behind me.

Phoenix lowered his head, crashing his lips onto mine as his tongue pushed through to dominate mine. It took all that I had not to wrap my arms around his neck and get lost in the kiss until the warmth of his mouth left. He pulled away, putting his head down by my ear to whisper. "That's my good girl."

I watched as Nix begin to kiss across my collarbone before his tongue glided down between my breasts. One of his hands reached up, taking one of my hardened nipples between his fingers. "Ohh," A small gasp of pleasure escaped me. His mouth sucked and nipped at the other, making me moan. "Mmm, Nix."