Chapter Eighteen

Scarlett

This morning and afternoon, we had a girl's day—just Mia, Lily, my mom, Aunt Sophie, Aunt Ava, and I.

We went to an early showing of some new romance movie that had us all weeping by the end, got lunch, shopped in the city for the fourth of July that is coming up fast, and now we're ending our time together getting mani/pedis. It was exactly what I needed. Time with my best friends, but one certain person that wasn't with us might have been on my mind the whole day.

After getting our toes painted, the six of us were sat down at a long table.

"Girl, it's only been a few hours," Lily glanced over at me with a raised brow while I checked my phone for a text from Phoenix

My head lifted back up guiltily. "What? I was scrolling Instagram."

"Mhmm," Her eyes narrowed.

Mia chimed in. "Oh, let her be all lovey-dovey Lil. It may make us want to gag, but at least our girl is happy."

"Gee, thanks...I think," I said, softly knitting my brows.

The twins began to laugh.

"How have things been with you two since," Mia paused cautiously, trying to find the right words. "The other day?"

I gave her a small smile. "We have been really good, actually. That big conversation we had after the whole situation helped make it so nothing was awkward or unclear. To be honest, I feel more secure and close to him now than before."

Mia slowly nodded. "It's all about communication. That's literally why every relationship I have had has ended up shitty."

"Or...hear me out," Lily spoke up. "You just choose the losers."

"Look who's talking frat boy lover," Mia retorted sassily.

I chuckled, shaking my head at the two. "That was the old Lily. Now she goes for blonde and dumb looking baseball players."

"And that's where I'll happily stay, thank you," She stuck her tongue out at me as Mia and I giggled.

My mom's voice echoed our way. "Hey now, you be nice to your brother Scarlett."

I turned my head towards her on my other side. "I was just kidding...sort of," I said while she softly laughed and rolled her eyes.

Yep, Ryder and Lily were officially a thing. Well, they don't have a label on what they are just yet, but they're exclusive, and everyone in our families know. They were caught once again, but this time it was kissing on the doorbell camera in front of Aunt Sophie and Uncle T's house of all places. Not one of their own. They really have a habit of getting caught in the act of something honestly. Let's hope that stops soon, or I'll be needing new eyes.

My dad, Uncle T, and Uncle H were all just starting to process Phoenix and me being together, so when the video of Ryder and Lily popped up, I'd say their heads were spinning all over again. After they came down from their second round of shock, they were cool with it, and not so surprisingly, our moms were ecstatic. One of them even mentioned a double wedding, but Ryder nipped that in the bud real quick. It made for a good ass laugh for the rest of us, though.