Chapter Thirty

Phoenix

As I was sleeping, I heard the door to my room open and the sound of someone's footsteps coming towards my bed. One of my eyes slowly peeked open, spotting Scar's beautiful face. I scooted back and lifted my covers for her. "Come here, baby."

She nestled herself against me as I covered us both back up with my blanket, resting my arm on her. "Morning," Scarlett let out a small yawn.

My eyes were closed while our heads laid on my pillow together. I took in a breath as the sweet scent of her lavender and honey shampoo hit my nose. "Did my parents let you in?"

"Mhm," She hummed. "Your dad shouted, "no baby-making in there," as I ran up the stairs, but the sound of your mom smacking him behind the head right after echoed up the steps with me."

I chuckled. "God, that's my dad for you. Can't ever keep any thoughts to himself."

"Sounds like two guys I know that are related to him too," She teased as I pulled her in closer to me, nuzzling my face into her neck.

"You're so funny," I said sarcastically.

The sound of her giggle made me smile before I placed a small kiss against her neck.

She softly sighed. "How do you think today is going to go?"

I took a second to think about it. "I'm not sure. Hopefully good, and Ty will listen."

"What if he doesn't?" Scar flipped on her other side, now closely facing me as her brows knitted together.

The back of my hand lightly brushed along one of her rosy cheeks. "Then we have two other people we can definitely rely on. Chase and Brandon offered to testify if needed, so I think we can win this. Your dad even said he has confidence that we can do it without Ty. Having him on our side would make sure it's a done deal without any doubts, but it will be fine if today doesn't go our way. I know it will be."

She nodded slowly, with her furrowed brows remaining in place. "I hope so."

I moved my head down, placing a tender kiss on her sweet lips. "No matter what happens, you will always have me to protect you, Scarlett."

A soft smile appeared on her face. "I know...that's why I feel safest whenever I'm with you."

We both stared deeply into each other's eyes until hers widened in surprise.

"What's with that look?" I asked.

She gave me a devilish little smirk. "Someone's really happy to see me this morning."

Just then, her fingers slightly touched the tip of my cock that was forming a tent in my boxers as I tried to hold in a moan. "Shit, we are always happy to see you."

"We?" She quietly laughed.

I smiled, shaking my head. "Shut up. I can't think straight when you touch me like that."

Scar takes her bottom lip between her teeth. "Like what, Nixie?" She purred before her hand slipped into my boxers, and she gripped my hardened length.

"Oh, fuckkk," I sucked in a breath, nearly releasing my load in her hand right then and there.

It has been hard not being able to have the intense and intimate side of our relationship while she has been in recovery. Having her warm body against mine as they melted together was a feeling I missed so much.

Scarlett placed kisses along my chest as she slowly moved her hand up and down. "It's only fair that I get to please you now."

"Mm, Scar, you don't..." Her hand suddenly gripped me harder.