Chapter Seven

Scarlett

When we got to the fair, it was packed with rows and rows of cars, but we managed to find two spots near each other. Once we got out, we headed towards the entrance as the smell of yummy foods blessed our noses, and the sounds of laughing and fun-filled screams echoed in our ears.

 Once we got out, we headed towards the entrance as the smell of yummy foods blessed our noses, and the sounds of laughing and fun-filled screams echoed in our ears

I looked all around, smiling. "I feel like a little kid again."

"Same here," Luke agreed with big bright eyes.

Jackson sped up in front of us. "Oh shit, they have the Viking Ship ride! I totally forgot about that one."

We purchased our tickets and headed in. There was so much more to do than I ever remembered at the fair. Phoenix caught up and stood beside me as we all chose what to do first.

"I want to go on the carousel," Lily said.

"Oooh, me too," I grinned excitedly.

Ryder laughed. "Yeah, you and every toddler here."

I looked at him offendedly. "Hey, the carousel is for all ages butthead!"

"I'll go on it with you guys," Offered Phoenix, who smiled sweetly.

"What a man, Nix," Lily looked over at Ryder with a scowl.

He quickly changed his opinion upon Lily's stare. "Alright, alright! Let's go on the damn carousel. You girls always win anyway."

Mia smirked. "Damn straight, we do."

"We don't plan on ever losing," I added.

Phoenix shook his head. "I came to terms with that years ago."

Everyone had a few laughs before we walked over to the carousel.

Jackson leaned against the fence that wrapped around it. "Sweet, dibs on the horse."

"Dude, they are all horses," Luke looked at him like he was an idiot.

I giggled. "Just Jack saying Jack things."

The ride operator let us through as we ran around, deciding where to get on at. Ryder was up a few horses in front of me with Jack, Luke, and the girls. I hopped on one that was already sitting up tall when Phoenix plopped down on one right beside me. I tried not to laugh at the sight of him on the small horse, but I couldn't help it.