Chapter Thirty-Six

Scarlett

I was sitting in the middle of our bedroom floor surrounded by several parts of the desk I had bought yesterday to put beside Phoenix's. And it had only just occurred to me once I went and found the toolbox that I had no fucking clue what I was doing.

"I should have waited for Nix," I groaned, sprawling out on the messy carpet.

*Ring, Ring*

My head perked up at the sound of my phone going off, but I had no clue where I had put it. "Shit," I started shoving things aside until I spotted it under one of the boards of the desk. A smile appeared on my face when I saw it was a video call from Jackson, answering it quickly.

"Hey, Jacky!"

His face popped up on my screen as he was in a car. "What up, nerd?"

"Hi, Scar," I heard Luke's voice in the background.

Jackson faced the camera towards him, seeing that he was driving. "Hiiii, Luke! Are you guys out of school already?"

"Well, we are, but everyone else is back at the assembly. We snuck away when we got the chance," Jack explained.

I shook my head, laughing. "It was the first day of your senior year, and you two are already skipping?"

"We have been to enough in the last three years to know we aren't missing anything."

"And there was a rumor that Principal Hillson was making the teachers perform a welcome back to school rap for us, so I think our ears will be grateful," Luke added.

"Hey, you could be missing out on a number one hit right now," I joked as they both rolled their eyes.

Jackson spoke up. "We will risk it. Besides, school assemblies aren't the same without your annoying ass around."

Luke chimed in. "Yeah, it's weird not seeing you at lunch too."

"Aw, guys, is that your way of saying you miss me?" I gave them a big grin.

Jackson let out a snort. "Miss you? Never, but when are you coming home, though, for real?"

I softly chuckled. "I miss you two goofs, and I will feel the same way when I start school next week. At least you have each other," I pouted. "I'm scared I won't make any friends."

"Scar, you are the friendliest person we know. You are going to make lots of friends...not as good as us, but they will be alright," Luke spoke teasingly.

"You can always facetime us if you feel awkward around campus. That way, people will know you aren't a total loner," Jackson gave me a cheesy smile.

"Gee, thanks for the support," My voice laced in sarcasm as they softly laughed. "Anyway, how was the first day?"

Luke spoke up. "It was alright. Only one hundred and seventy-nine more to go."

I gave him a small smile. "But who's counting, right?"

"Hey, Mrs. Collins gives you her regards," Jackson smirked.

My face scrunched up. "Does she really?"

He shook his head. "No, but I wanted to see your face when I said it."

"Asshole, I have been hoping she would forget about me by now."

"I think she is always going to remember you," Luke added with a chuckle as I shook my head. "Ah, damn. Chase is calling me right now," He said, glancing down.

"Answer it," I said excitedly. "I want to talk too!"

Luke raised a brow. "Can't you see I am driving right now? I can't talk on the phone."