Chapter Sixty-Six

Scarlett

"Almost..have it," I slowly squatted down in the kitchen of our apartment to pick up a piece of pepperoni that fell on the ground. "Shit," My breathing grew heavier, failing miserably at snatching my fallen snack.

"What are you doing?" Vee walked in with an amused expression. "Here, let me get that."

I nodded gratefully. "Yeah, that's probably best because I was contemplating leaving it on the ground for one of the guys to find eventually."

She let out a laugh. "We should really get you one of those claw grabber toys."

"That would have been a good gift for Christmas," A small smile appeared on my face. "Only four months too late, though."

"Man, it's crazy how much your belly has grown. I remember how excited you were when your bump just started showing and now.."

My brow arched as I placed a hand at my hip. "Now it's so big that I haven't seen my own feet in weeks, and bending down is like a whole damn Olympic sport."

"True..true, butttttt it's so cute," Vee told me with a puffed out bottom lip, looking down at my ginormous belly.

"Vee, I'm like a helpless turtle that got stuck on its back and can't do anything," I explained while spreading hot sauce on a graham cracker, placing pepperoni on top

Her face twisted in disgust. "And your cravings are the same as a raccoon...trash."

"Hey," I pointed my finger at her. "This shit is heavenly, and I will not let you slander it."

"Do these trash cravings suddenly go away after the baby is born, or will you be eating this weird abomination for life?" A hint of a smirk formed on her lips.

I took a big bite of my graham cracker, shrugging. "I don't know, but we will see in about a week."

"I can't believe you and Nix are going to be parents in a week. Holy shit."

"You can say that again. It still hasn't even sunk in all the way, but my OB said that for most, it kicks in the second you lay eyes on your baby," The corners of my lips curved up. "When I think about that moment, all the other fears that flood my head seem to vanish."

Vee tilted her head to the side. "It sounds fucking magical, honestly."

Tomorrow will be the start of week 37 in my pregnancy which is exactly one week from our scheduled c-section. When my OB first mentioned a surgical birth, it scared me, but she reminded me that I had gone through brain surgery, struggled through horrible seizures, and come out even stronger from all of that, so this would be a piece of cake. Due to my epilepsy, she urged us to stay on the more cautious route and decided on a c-section. It will be less stress on my body and will cut down the chance of triggering a seizure.