Chapter Thirty-Seven

Valentine Martinez (Vee):

________________________________

Scarlett

Phoenix and I made our way over to the front door where Kole stood with two cases of beer in each arm and Sam beside him.

"Hi guys," I said, smiling.

Sam walked towards us, giving me a hug. "Hey, Scar!"

"Watch those hands, Sammy," Nix joked with a raised brow.

"Aw, don't be jealous. If you want a hug too, all you have to do is say so," He went over, trying to put his arms around him before Phoenix had him in a chokehold.

"No one wants your grimy ass hands on them," Nix and him were both laughing.

I shook my head at the two. "Children."

Kole came over. "Hey there."

My lips curved into a smile. "Hello. Jeez, do you think you have enough beer there?"

His brow lifted. "Nope, but I can run to the store and get more if I need to," He smirked.

I let out a chuckle, looking up at him like he was crazy. "Oh, good, I was really worried there for a second."

Ryder chimed in. "Around here, beer is in its own major food group."

"Huh, I don't remember being taught that back in elementary school," My brows softly knitted together with a hint of a smile.

"That's because you don't learn about it until college," Ryder spoke in a joking manner.

Kole nodded. "Yep, don't worry, Scar. I will take you under my wing and teach you the updated food groups."

"Is pizza on there?" I wondered.

He let out a laugh. "Fuck yeah, it is."

I chuckled at his words. "Then I am all ears."

"For what?" Nix asked, slipping his arms around me from behind.

"Kole is going to teach me the new and improved major food groups of college, apparently," I said.

Nix shook his head. "Great, and the next thing he'll be teaching you is how to get wasted and break tables."

We all erupted in laughter as Kole furrowed his brows. "Hey, it looked a lot sturdier than it was, okay?"

"That poor table never saw it coming," Sam laughed. "It looked like someone had driven a damn tank over it, flattening that shit like a pancake."

Ryder smiled. "Well, Kole is a fucking tank, so that's an accurate description."

Everyone looked over at Kole, nodding their heads in agreement. He was tall and broad-shouldered. If I ever saw him before I knew he played baseball, I would have figured he was on the football team.