Chapter Fifteen

Scarlett

After making the unanimous decision of having a taco night, the girls and I ran over to the store to grab the things we needed for dinner. By the time we got back to Nix and Jack's house, it was time to start cooking. Surprisingly, everyone chipped in to help make it, and with the creative touch from Mia and Lily, we ended up with the greatest taco night set up on the dining table.

 Surprisingly, everyone chipped in to help make it, and with the creative touch from Mia and Lily, we ended up with the greatest taco night set up on the dining table

"What is that smell?" My Aunt Sophie's voice echoed into the dining room as our parents walked in

Uncle H sniffed the air. "Smells like..."

Before he could finish his sentence, Uncle T piped in. "Holy tacos!"

"Not holy tacos, just tacos," I joked. We all chuckled and greeted them.

"Well, damn guys, this is the greatest welcome home," My dad gave me a big hug.

"It really is. You kiddos are so amazing," My mom gleamed.

Aunt Sophie raised a brow. "I feel like there is a catch. Did someone get arrested?"

"What? No," Phoenix chimed in.

"Did you throw a party or break something?" Uncle T asked, watching each of our faces for any telling signs.

Jackson shook his head. "Nope."

"Interesting," Aunt Ava gave us a look like she was still a little suspicious.

Uncle H spoke up. "So, you guys just missed us that much, huh?"

"Yes, we were sobbing all weekend," Luke's words were laced heavily with sarcasm, making us laugh.

"Smart-aleck," Uncle T said.

"We wanted to surprise you guys," Lily explained.

"Yeah, and I even chopped the tomatoes," Ryder lifted his chin, smiling proudly.

My dad's brows raised. "You all got Ryder to join in? I'm impressed."

I giggled at his comment while Ryder rolled his eyes with a smile. "So, how was the weekend?" I asked.