Chapter Twenty-Three

Scarlett

Phoenix and I hopped out of his car and walked down the road to the address Mia sent me.

"Damn, I forgot how nice it was out this way," Nix took in our surroundings, including the breathtaking house in front of us

A giant smile appeared on my face. "This is like my dream home."

He took his eyes off the view, staring down at me. "Yeah?"

"Mhm, a nice house out on the lake away from the busy city life but not too far. It would be like a peaceful escape."

"A peaceful escape...I like that," He gave me a handsome smile.

Suddenly Jackson's voice boomed over towards us. "Hey, Scar, Nix!"

We both turned around to see him and Destiny walking in our direction. "Hey, guys!" I shouted back.

Phoenix gave them a nod. "Hey."

Destiny's smile was big and bright as she held onto Jackson's arm. "Hi, it's good to see you two!"

"You too," I replied while they caught up to us.

Seeing them together made my heart happy, especially for Jack. He deserves someone sweet and amazing to be with just like him.

"Is everyone else here?" Jackson asked with a curious brow.

Nix spoke up. "They should be since they had a head start."

He nodded as the four of us kept walking down the driveway. "Why were you two late?"

"Had to get gas," Phoenix fibbed as a small chuckle escaped my lips.

*Buzz*

"Ahh," I bit my lip hard, making a fist with my hand at my side. Jackson and Destiny awkwardly glanced over at me. "Ha...sorry, I just can't wait to get inside."

Jackson shook his head. "Yeah, okay, weirdo."

Phoenix lets out a laugh, sliding his arm around my waist. "Gotta love her. She just gets so excited over the littlest of things." My eyes nearly light him on fire while he keeps his eyes forward with a smirk plastered on his face.

Once we got to the front door, Destiny rang the doorbell. Music was blaring from inside and instantly became louder when someone opened the door.

"Hey! You guys finally made it," Brandon welcomed us into his house.

There were quite a few people inside from the looks of it, and the backyard had just as many. Not too insane, though, and so far, I don't spy any unwanted exes.

"Scar," A very smiley Mia came running over to hug me.

"There is more than just Scar here, ya know?" Jackson pointed out as we all had a few chuckles.