Chapter Forty-Three

Scarlett

Tears began to well up in my eyes, looking over at my parents as Luke and Jack hugged me like they haven't seen me in forever. It's been weeks, but it really does feel like years on some days. "You guys are here," I whispered, feeling my heart nearly burst with joy.

Jack let go first. "It took some convincing everyone to let us come too, but we didn't give them much of a choice. Luke and I were ready to steal a plane if need be, though."

I chuckled, shaking my head as Nix spoke up. "The scary thing is that I can actually see you two pulling some shit like that."

"Cause we're just that good," Luke gave him a slight smirk.

Ryder scoffed. "No, you're just that dumb."

"Look who's talking," Jack quipped back.

A smile formed on my lips. "I missed this."

My dad chimed in. "Oddly...so did we," He put his arm around my mom as she leaned into him.

"It's been way too quiet at the house except for when these two come over to pester us from time to time," She spoke softly, giving us a wink.

Everyone goes in for another round of emotional hugs that were filled with relief and gratefulness. Grateful that I'm able to see them outside of the hospital this time than being stuck in one for weeks like before. I can't imagine having to put any of them through that again. Yeah, it was hard as hell for me to heal and cope with but what made it worse was seeing the worry written all over their faces, watching me with fear I might not be the same Scarlett I have always been. I'm just glad that things can be different this time. At least I hope they can be.

"Do you guys want anything to drink?" Ryder asked my parents.

"Maybe just a glass of water or a water bottle," Mom said.

Dad shook his head. "No, I'm alright. Thanks, Ry."

"I could use a cold beer," Luke blurted out as we all looked at him. "What? It's been a long day."

"It's only noon," My brow arched.

Jack shrugged his shoulders. "What's that saying? It's five a clock somewhere, right?"

My dad spoke up. "I bet both your moms would love to hear this," He teased with a smile.

Jack's eyes widened. "Totally kidding, Wolfie."

"Just a little joke," Luke chuckled nervously. "I don't even know what a beer smells like."

Dad rolled his eyes as my mom quietly giggled.

"So, you two want a bottle of water too then?" Ryder smirked as they nodded their heads.

"I can go get them," I offered.

Phoenix cocked his head, furrowing his brows. "No, the only thing you need to be doing is getting comfy on the couch."

"He's right. Come sit, sweets," My mom came over, gently leading me towards the living room. "Are you feeling okay right now? What did the doctor tell you was going on? Does it have to do with your head injury?"

"Do you need a water too or some food? Have you eaten yet?" My dad questioned right after mom.

I shook my head. "My head is still a little fuzzy, so you better ask one question at a time, or it might explode."

Mom's face looked terrified as I gave her a small smile. "I'm kidding. I swear, you guys are just as bad as Nix and Ryder."

"Hey," Nix shouted from the kitchen.