Chapter Thirty-Four

Scarlett

After a long flight being crushed between two annoyingly large guys, also known as my brother and Phoenix, we finally landed in Tampa. It took us just about the same amount of time waiting on all my bags as it did to fly over here. Well, it felt like that at least.

Once we got our things accounted for, we called for two Uber drivers' because there was no way we could fit all of our things together in one car. So, Ryder went in one and Nix and I in the other.

The drive to their apartment was nice, seeing the city and all that surrounded it as the sun was going down to make a beautiful sunset. It was like a warm and sweet greeting to me.

"Welcome home, Shortcake," Phoenix said as he opened the front door to their apartment...my new home.

I slowly took my first few steps inside, taking in the view before me.

As I inhaled, the strong scent of pine came into my nose, making me feel like I just walked into a forest

As I inhaled, the strong scent of pine came into my nose, making me feel like I just walked into a forest. "Did you guys hang a bunch of those little tree car fresheners around before you left for the summer?" I teased.

Nix shook his head, laughing before wrapping his arms around me from behind. "What? You don't like the smell of fresh pine trees?"

"Coming from a house that smelt like a bakery most the time, it will need some getting used to. Maybe we could spray some vanilla into the mix," I looked around, pleased with my idea.

Ryder came in huffing and puffing. "Yeah, no, I don't need any help with the rest of the bags. Thanks for offering, though."

We turned towards him.

Phoenix went over and grabbed a suitcase from his grasp. "I'll go down and get the last few things."

"Okay, thanks. I totally forgot how many stairs we have to climb to get to the third floor. We really didn't think that shit through," Ryder said.

"It can be our workout for the day," Nix chuckled. "Oh, and we already have a request from our new roomie."

Ryder raised a brow, giving me that famous look of his. "Scar, you have been here for a minute. Don't be judging our manly man apartment just yet."