Fool yourself

Lisa watched the blonde moving calmly in the silence of the room. After the talk they had, Lisa still was perplexed and mostly scared. Not for herself of course, rather for the future. As much as Pranpriya said she didn't utter a word about Lisa's life on the earth, neither did she say something about her coming back home. Her human home.

"There we are." The blonde placed a tea pot on the center of the small short table; the one you sit on the floor to use.

The smoke was coming up from the petite mugs and Lisa watched it closely instead of focusing on the other girl who sat in front of her.

After a long and contented sigh the blonde shed, she slowly sipped the green tea and placed the mug back. She was looking really contented.

"You can ask, you know." The blonde smiled slyly and Lisa finally relaxed her tensed body, she looked up and met the slightly greenish copy of her own eyes.

"Why am I here?"

The almost tired tone of hers made Pranpriya tense and her concerned eyes traveled down Lisa's face—not for the first time, but this one was rather caring than just observant.

She also felt sting in her chest, obviously as much as she was pleased to see her soul, her soul was not very glad to see her. She swallowed the sensation and cleared her throat.

"Mainly to figure it out, and understand what you want."

Lisa's sharp gaze was burning, her jaw clenched.

"Do I have choice?" She hissed but then winced when her vision started swinging around, she only could bear so much emotions in such a short period of time and it was taking its toll on her.

The blonde swiftly got up and made her way to Lisa, gently placing her hands on Lisa's neck she kissed her forehead. The pose was rather intimate, but both were too much in their own intentions and thoughts to even notice.

The blonde sighed, "you are here to rest."

They managed to get up and the blonde placed Lisa's on the bed again.

"So rest."

Pranpriya backed away but Lisa caught her hand,

"Why don't you choose for me?" Lisa asked as she closed her eyes.

The blonde smiled at the question.

"Don't fool yourself, baby. As much as it seems that somebody is controlling you—you are the only one who does that. God doesn't correct our mistakes. We are just created to make none."

***

Chaeyoung's POV

I came closer to the laying kitty and gently took her in my hands, pressing her body to my chest.

After a few seconds, I made my way to the armchair beside the window that I was previously sitting on and made myself comfortable again, not forgetting about the precious buddy in my arms.

I sighed and my gaze landed on the three girls who fell asleep after hours and hours of worrying and deciding what we should do.

~~~

Jennie started hyperventilating as she saw the last feather falling down and we all became even more nervous, Jisoo glanced at Jennie making sure that we accommodated her on the chair and gave her a glass of water.

Jisoo came over to the tired looking cat, her hand slightly brushing her head and she started slowly talking to Lily, as if comforting her.

The cat still was lying on the floor but this time a small pour escaped her and she looked up at Jisoo.

"Would it make any sense if we call the veterinarian?" Joy's hands were lightly massaging Jennie shoulders, as she always did when any of us was worried.

"Humans cannot help the angel-like creation." Jisoo looked up suddenly as she realized the real meaning of the phrase.

We all stared at her and she just shook her head apologetically. "I'm sorry. We all know that's not true. I mean, in the case of Lily we cannot do anything as there is nothing wrong with it. She is going through a natural process for her."

"Is falling apart is natural process now?" Jennie quietly asked and we all snapped our head to see her.

She was tired.

We all were.

But, this time there was something in her eyes that was not there before.

Humility.

Acceptance.

Jisoo probably noticed it too, she got up and approached the cat-eyed girl. She faced her and took Jennie's hands in her own.

"We all fall apart at some point, don't we?" Jisoo looked at the window and we all trailed off.

~~~

So now after a few hours all the girls fell asleep on the couch, Joy on the left side, her mouth slightly opened, Jisoo and Jennie on the other side, Jennie's head on raven's shoulder.

I tore my gaze away and felt filled with warm ness, the cat in my arms was pouring and seemed to be asleep, too.

As much as I wanted to have Lisa here I realized for the first time ever,

She can be away for good.

I did not have any tears now.

I did have courage to accept. Not fully, no.

But it was a work in progress.

***