From the other side

"So, your theory is that Lisa was captured by aliens and we need to save her using a time machine."

Joy rubbed her eyebrow while cracking an apple and Chae rolled her eyes at her,

"Wow." Jisoo chuckled and Jennie laughed out loud at her impressed face, but then composed herself and looked down.

"what? You perfectly aware that I'm not a fan of it. My mom always said to me that heaven and hell were made up to control and impose fake guilt on people and I should be smarter than that to be a good business lady. So, 'captured' and 'save her' were the only words that I understood in your smart phenomenal geek ass conversation. I made up the rest." Joy said defensively.

Chaeyoung hugged her pouting best friend and nodded understandingly. Jensoo hugged them too making it a big group hug. (Jennie still glaring at Chu for the previous days).

They weren't really soft on Joy past few hours. And while Jennie and Chae were always into this kind of stuff like ghost and angels etc.

And Jisoo was well, the definition of the subject itself, Joy wasn't really a fan. So they decided that they'll use language that would be simple and exact for all of them to understand.

"The cat is like a message I think. I'm sure the pikachu wasn't given me by accident. Whether Lisa or somebody else wrote the letter, the pikachu was a message for us." Jisoo caressed Lily and she started pouring slightly.

"I have no idea where Lisa is, but, as much and as little as I feel her, she wouldn't leave without explanation in person."

Chaeyoung nodded and Jennie broke the eye contact she hold with Jisoo as the latter was talking.

''What do we do then?'' Chaeyoung slightly shivered and Jennie took her hand in hers, calming.

Jisoo felt uncertain in her answer, the tension was building up and they needed to be careful.

''We will wait.'' She slowly whispered.

''And try to come up with possible solutions.''...that, because of lack of a certain person's trust right now, she didn't say.

Jennie met her eyes and broke the contact suddenly, she got up and went upstairs. Joy and Chae were watching the two girls' unheard conversation.

Jisoo followed the cat eyed girl, for the first time in a while feeling that the secrets they hid from each other were as weighty as they were in the beginning.

***

''Do we need to call an ambulance?'' Joy nervously joked, though both knew that neither of Jennie or Jisoo were able to hurt each other anyhow but with words.

Chaeyoung slowly traced the edge of the kitchen island, thinking. ''They need this conversation to happen, I suppose.''

***

Jisoo closed the door behind her back and just stood there, making no effort to start this conversation. The girl in front of her was quiet as well, her figure strained and her gaze directed on the floor.

Jisoo felt this strange feeling of being misunderstood, when you try to explain but every your word is turned against you. Like you cannot come up with words that would be sufficient enough.

Suddenly, she felt Jennie's gaze on her, burning her body with guilt and she couldn't get rid of the feeling that she let down her one and only best friend. The only human being that could understand her loss and be kind enough to share their little joys with her.

Maybe she messed up at the very wrong moment, maybe she has let down the wrong person, maybe

she is just tired?

"Do you remember what you said when we first met, at the end of our conversation that time?" Jennie's voice slightly echoed in Jisoo's ears. She moved forward pushing away from the door, thinking.

"No. You stay there."

Jisoo realized that she stepped closer to the cat eyed girl and that painful tone of Jennie's proved to Jisoo that the girl was on the verge of tears. She stopped where she was.

"I said that I won't stay for long." Jisoo looked up at Jennie's figure, still tense.

"What did you say when-....when we told each other everything? That evening?''

Jisoo felt plump in her throat growing, she blinked away the first wave of tears. That evening, which happened in a month or about after they met, they hold each other like the world was ending. Like the only family for them is the one in front of them.

She didn't felt guilty now. She felt like she betrayed this girl who gave her all the love she deserved. If not more. So she answered;

''I said that I will never leave you.''

Jennie chuckled bitterly.

''Then tell me, what have you been doing the last weeks...if it wasn't leaving me?'' Jisoo looked down the moment she saw Jennie coming closer.

''Because, Chu, I felt left.'' 

Jisoo let go of holding her tears as Jennie placed her hand on Jisoo's cheek. Jennie wiped most of them away while crying herself. She sighed deeply before retrieving her hand, only to embrace Jisoo in a tight hug.

''I-...I'm sorry, JenJen..'' Jisoo hugged the girl who was crying in her arms. ''but, but I would never be able to leave you. I'd rather leave myself than you, baby.'' She slowly whispered, holding as tight as she could. Her tears flowing down her cheeks.

They stayed silently. Nobody said a word. Too silently.

''Promise me.'' Jennie tiredly asked, finally finding something to hold onto.

''Promise.'' The corners of Jisoo's lips quivered. She sighed apologetically and in relief at the same time.

''We will still talk it out,'' Jennie's hoarse voice threatened, her figure seemed to relax. ''Later though.''

''I know.'' Jisoo complied, feeling exhausted. ''I want to cuddle now... if you're fine with that.'' She half joked being half serious.

Jennie backed away pushing Jisoo gently.

''Yeah. You can cuddle with Dalgomie.'' Jisoo blinked few times dumbfoundedly. Jennie backed away fully and teasingly smiled, tears still streaming down her cheeks. She patted Jisoo's shoulders and stared deeply into her eyes.

''I'mma show you something. Something important to me.'' Jennie shrugged nonchalantly but Jisoo felt the main message. She took both Jennie's hands in hers and squeezed them reassuringly.

''Show me.''

Jennie nodded and led them to the very room she had been thinking about a lot. Too much.

Attic.

Jisoo sensed Jennie's hesitation and grabbed the knob, but the moment the door was fully opened and they both saw the room, they heard the loud voice of Joy.

''Jennie! Jisoo!! Here. Now!!!''

They both quickly eyed each other and ran downstairs in an instant.
There, behind Chaeyoung and Joy, was lying the cat, tiredly looking at the floor.

Lily's wings were slowly falling apart, on the place of black feathers there was nothing. emptiness.

        Jisoo haphazardly was looking all over the place...because

The wings disappear only in two cases; either the Angel is sent to hell, or

they are re-born.

...

While Jennie's mind silently stated; there were no boxes in the room. Not anymore.