Little do you know

"I understand. Okay. Bye."

On the next day Jennie finds herself answering the phone call from her parents who apparently couldn't afford it to go home for a few more weeks. The business got them so busy that Jennie almost admired them to be this commited to something.

Things didn't really got complicated after the incident. But Jennie was too traumatized to be around them more then several minutes. The were strangers just like all the people that had been coming and going, teachers psychotherapists, psychologists.

She wondered sometimes how it was, before. Were they this disgustingly sweet family, loving and accepting each other wholeheartedly? With her memories now, the answer is,

They were.

So, if last two years she was glad they weren't around and almost never home, now, she suppressed her tears as her lips were trembling and the knuckles on her hand white out of struggle how tight she was holding onto the phone.

Her father's deep voice and her mother's monotone affirmations would broke her heart entirely if it wasn't already broken by Lisa twice.

She understands them, their little girl was gone, and the quiet cold stranger took her place. She was so harsh yet formally polite with them these years, it was too cruel to even think about.

But again, she was lost. All she had wasn't even hope, just emptiness.

But she lost it when...

Flashback

2 years ago,

4 months after the incident.

Jennie's PoV

It wasn't the first time I've been having a walk here, I mean, maybe it was a 30th for...her, the old me, but for me I went out to this park near the home my 5th time.

It's peaceful here, not crowded, there are no children so no screaming and unnecessary fuss.

I have no idea actually why there always only a few people here, it's beautiful and the greenery is mesmerizing, even though it's fall. Something is still alive here,

Why am I looking so deep in the lake at my own reflection while saying this?

I have this strange feeling and my feet were moving to that place on a hunch.

She was so calm and beautiful.

This girl is here whenever I am, I realized that she might be here every day.

But I'm not here often, it's such a pleasure to go out of the mansion without guards, and luckily today is one of these days.

The girl seems so out of this world, she always alone, always just on the other side of the lake and always is so pale that she reminds me of a vampire.

Somehow, no matter how much I stare she never makes an eye contact, almost like she doesn't see me, or, maybe it's true and I don't not even exist?

She has this strong aura that can intimidate if it's not for her smile, her childish and so carefree smiles that make my heart flatter.

I put my hands on the poll of the bridge and watch her showering in the rays of the sun, so engrossed with her little grin I flinch when suddenly,