Coincidence

Chaeyoung's PoV

"It was an amazing evening."

I heard the brunette beside me whispering softly.

We were walking down the block to my house, safe and sound, holding hands and smiling to ourselves and I felt the sincerity evident in Jennie's voice. Though the whole evening she was the one taking care of me and making me laugh and just leading me through this experience I sensed something else; gratitude. Almost like it was me who arranged the whole date.

"I'm grateful to you for everything of this, I wouldn't have so much fun if it wasn't for you." I stopped walking and faced Jennie, subconsciously admitting that this girl was pure definition of beautiful, and cute and adorable.

"If it wasn't with you." I added emphasizing and met her warm eyes. She looked pleased, but also I could feel hesitation in her moves, like there was something bothering her.

"Is there something wrong?" I gently took her other hand in mine and she looked up in the sky smiling sheepishly.

"I love how you're this sensitive to my mood swings, it's difficult though to hide anything from you." The last sentence caught my attention.

"You want to hide something?" I blurted suddenly which made me cringe, and as if on cue Jennie's sneaky hands made their way to my waist, hugging me tenderly. I hid my face into her shoulder feeling embarrassment, but still curious.

"What for? No, I have nothing. I'm feeling sad lately because Jisoo is hyper active in her searching." I assumed that Jennie bit her lip because she usually sighs after; and so she did.

I hated to admit it, but if there was somebody lying it was me, well, not lying but I didn't tell her about it either.

Later.

"You feel sad because...?" I swallowed the plump in my throat, not wanting to feel caged in possibilities.

Because you're not sure if it isn't useless? Because you don't want to lose hope? Because....

But she cut it off quickly.

"No. I'm sure we will find her. But, I have no idea how, and it scares me." She made sure to say the last part as quiet as possible. Almost like it wasn't allowed for her to be scared.

I lift my head up from her shoulder and brought my hand to her chin to make her look at me, I waited for her when she hesitated to look up and meet my eyes but when she did, I pressed my lips to her cheek and felt her smile.

"It scares me too. We have so much in common, wanna be my girlfriend?"

I joked using my Aussie accent which made her burst in laughing wholeheartedly, her body shaking and her head back, eyes glimmer and it seemed to me that the stars' reflection was clear in her chocolate orbs it made them glistening. Or were it her tears?

It also made me wanting to kiss her and make her mine right then and there.

As if my lips had the power of claiming her. But, everyone has their own fantasies right? In my world, she could be mine just like I already was hers.

"Make sure I'll be the only victim of your pick up lines, baby." She winked and then her lips formed 'o' when she realized what she said. I smirked. My eyes trailing to her nose, then cheeks, lips.

"Right, let's make sure."

I leaned in, looking into her eyes and asking for consent, she nodded and...

.

.

.

Jennie's PoV

"Jesus Christ!" I flinched as

My alarm went off having absolutely no sense of right timing. I quickly turned it off and shoved it back into my pocket.

Coincidence, right?

Only a second ago I was trembling and my eyes closed, all I could feel was the girl in front of me and now her soft lips landed on my cheek and I feel her raged heart beat with my hand which was lying on her collarbone.

"Well, I guess we should go now." I heard her as she moved back slightly detaching our bodies, she smiled at me as if trying to say something, but then seeing that I have no clue she just chuckled.

"We both know that there is no coincidence in it, don't you think so?"

"I'm pretty sure something is up." I nodded and we started walking again, our shoulders touch and my mind lazily reliving this day, trying to learn by heart every second and never forget.