That we love

Chaeyoung's POV

Silence fell upon the room and I was left speechless as well. No, I felt betrayed for a moment. This quick, unworthy moment when you try hide your tears either looking down or up all the way to the ceiling, hoping they won't spill and...

Betray you?

Though my lower lips started quiver just a bit and it was the only thing that showed my despair, my inner side inflamed with anger.

What a fucking hell does it mean 'a part'? Was it all just a mission or...a task to accomplish and disappear?

I entrusted too much into that giant, dorky and stupid and...

Beautiful angel of mine.

But, was she even my angel after all?

She didn't answer what she was here for, but when said simple 'you' I thought...

Too much, I suppose.

I thought too much, but at least I thought....here is something worthy to stay for.

Stop. I'm not going to get it to my mind nor jump into conclusions of her feelings, I'm not the one to judge even if it hurts and... I have too much hope to give up yet. But.

I suddenly looked up embarrassed of my own anger and saw Jennie and Jisoo both looking like wax figures of two girls captured in the moment of a total loss. I felt my tears on the brim of my eyes but swallowed the plump in my throat.

While Jisoo's fake and humorless smile was bitterly beautiful even in this state, you still could or maybe not, read it.

Jennie's face on the contrary was blank, her pinkish cheeks seemed pale and her jaw clenched tightly, her eyes focused on the letter but she was not rereading, rather wanting to see between the lines and bring the certain one back tugging her on the ear and after punching her broad shoulders with her little fists, say to not do this ever again.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and comfortably leaned in my bestfriend's hug, while two other girls were finally acknowledging each other's presence, and felt it, the promise once already given, when Jisoo put a hand on Jennie's waist and pulled her in a tight hug which the letter reciprocated lovingly.

You are not left behind once again,

If you're willing to let it go.

The question is, did we, after all, let her go?