55

"Calum we're going to be late, let's go." I yelled from the front door of our apartment.

"I can't do it." He said and walked out of our room and towards me.

"Come here." I said and took his tie that he was struggling to tie around his neck and did it for him.

"How does it feel to be out of college?" I asked and tightened his black tie around his neck but not too tight.

"I feel free." He said which made me laugh as I fixed the collar of his white button up.

"You look extremely handsome." I said and smoothed out his shirt while he grabbed his keys and his cap and gown.

"Well you look beautiful." He said and gave me a kiss before we walked out the door and headed downstairs to his car.

"I'm so excited for you, now you'll have more time to do music stuff." I said since he has been stressed when it came to working and school and then hanging out with me and then everyone else.

"And I'll have more time to hang out with you." He said and took my hand and rested it on his leg.

"And the boys, and your family." I pointed out.

"But most importantly you." He argued.

"No, not most importantly me. Your family and your friends are just as important as I am." I stated.

"My family and friends aren't going to give me kids and walk towards me and down an aisle in a beautiful white dress." He said matter of factly.

"Your parents gave you life and supported you for 18 years and are currently giving you support. Your sister has been one of your best friends for your whole life and continues to be your best friend. And the boys have been your best friends for years and love you. No ones more important than the others, we all give you things that the other person can't give. We're all different when it comes to you but the one thing we all have in common is that we love you." I said and saw him smile as he looked at the road.

"Well you're most important to me, that doesn't make any of them less important to me. I just love you differently than I love them." He said and held my hand tightly.

"Well I shouldn't be more important. We're all equally as important, or at least we should be." I said and looked down at my phone to check the time to make sure we wouldn't be late.

"Well you are and you will be for the rest of my life. Just because you're the most important person to me doesn't mean the other people in my life aren't important." He said and squeezed my hand a little.

"I just feel bad." I said softly and looked out the window.

"How come?" He asked and I saw him look at me from the corner of my eye.

"Because you knew and loved all of those people first. Your parents should be first because they loved you before anyone else could and they gave you life and love. Then it should be your sister because she's been there just as long as your parents have. Then it should be the boys because they've been your best friends for almost nine years. I should be last because you loved me last." I said and felt his grip on my hand tighten which usually meant he was going to say something serious.

"You know that's not how it works right? Just because I met you last or loved you last doesn't mean that you shouldn't be first on my list of favorite people or who's most important to me. And technically I've known you for almost nine years as well so even if you were right then you'd be tied with the boys." He stated.

"But you didn't love me for nine years." I said and brought my knees up to my chest.

"That doesn't matter. Time doesn't really mean anything when it comes to love or how close you are with someone. I haven't felt this connected with someone other than my sister and she doesn't really count because I obviously have a different connection with you than my sister. Obviously the boys are my best friends but they don't always understand me the way you do or my sister does. And they certainly don't know everything that's happening in my life unlike you two. I'm the closest with you than anyone else in my life, and the only reason for that is because it's not about how long you've known someone, it's about how much the person can understand and love you. Just because I loved you last doesn't mean you're last on my list, because no matter what list you'll always be at the top." He said and kept looking between me and the road.