33

"Madelyn." I heard a soft whisper and felt a kiss being gently placed under my ear.

"Hm?" I mumbled and turned over on my side.

"It's time to wake up." Calum said and took my hand that was previously gripping his thumb, and laced our finger together.

"Shh, you don't need to yell." I whispered and put my head under my pillow.

"I'm actually whispering Madelyn." He whispered and I felt him get out of bed.

"Come here." He said a few minutes later and was standing next to my side of the bed with Advil and some water.

"Should I say it?" He said as I swallowed the pill. I knew exactly what he was going to say, he was going to say I told you so but honestly I knew I'd be feeling like this anyway.

"No." I said and heard him laugh before climbing back into bed next to me.

"It's too bright." I said and put my hood over my eyes and buried my head in his chest.

"Maybe you should get better curtains." He said and rubbed my back.

"That's so much work though." I groaned and heard him laugh.

"What time is it?" I asked a few minutes later.

"Around 9. I let you sleep for a little while before I woke you up though." He said and hugged me tightly.

"I need to get up but I can't." I mumbled.

"That's what I'm here for." He said and held me tightly as he got up from the bed with me wrapped around him like a sloth on a tree.

"You might want to change in case someone comes downstairs." He said and opened my closet and grabbed another sweatshirt that I could wear.

"But I'm comfy." I groaned and finally opened my eyes since he had put me down so I could change.

"Do you want someone seeing?" He asked and raised an eyebrow.

"Fine, turn around." I said so I didn't have to go to the bathroom and change since honestly I didn't have the energy for that. Once he had turned around I quickly took off his sweatshirt and replaced it with my own, which wasn't nearly as comfortable at all.

"Why are your clothes more comfortable than mine?" I pouted and handed him his sweatshirt.

"I'm not sure." He said and walked over to my closet and put his sweatshirt in the back so no one could see it.

"What are you doing?" I asked and pulled the sleeves up past my hands.

"I'm putting it in your closet in case you want it if I can't sleep with you or something." He said and came back over to me and picked me up how I was before.

"Aww you're so sweet." I said and buried my head in the crook of his neck while twirling his hair around my fingers.

"I try." He said and walked over to my door and opened it.

"How do you know someones not awake?" I whispered.

"Because I made sure to check before I woke you up. Plus they don't even get up at this time on a normal day, why would they get up this early after the night they had?" He asked as he carefully walked down the stairs.

"I guess you've got a point." I said and rubbed my eyes with my knuckles.

"What do you want for breakfast?" He asked and sat me on the counter.

"Well you can't really cook so I'll just have cereal." I said and put my hood over my head.

"Just for that, I'm going to cook pancakes." He said and got the box of pancake mix from the pantry.