56

"Calum can you do the dishes?" I asked since all of our dishes were dirty and I needed to make us dinner.

"I'll do it in a minute." He said and kept his eyes glued to the tv screen that had Call of Duty playing.

"Calum you said that like two hours ago." I said, getting slightly annoyed since lately all he's been doing is playing video games and working.

"Babe I'll do it when I'm done." He said so I stood in front of the tv to actually get him to look at me and pay attention. But of course he kept trying to look at the tv behind me.

"Madelyn I can't see." He groaned and tried to move me out of the way.

"Calum were in the middle of a conversation." I said and turned the tv off making him get even more annoyed but at this point I didn't even care.

"Madelyn I was in the middle of a game." He shouted.

"And we're in the middle of a conversation. Or should I say I'm in the middle of a conversation with a god damn wall since you won't even listen?" I shouted back at him. This whole obsession with video games has been getting on my nerves. If he isn't working he's home playing video games or he's at Michael's with the boys playing video games.

He has one job around the house and that's to do dishes, because I'm the one that cooks and does everything else. Lately he barely even talks to me or anything because he's either writing or playing stupid video games. He doesn't eat at the table with me anymore, he just sits on the couch and eats in between games and then leaves his dishes on the coffee table.

He's been leaving his clothes all over the room whether they're clean or dirty. And his part of the bathroom is a complete mess. The only reason I clean up after him is because I'm a complete neat freak and have wicked bad OCD and I can't even handle the mess. So most of my day is spent cleaning up after him.

"Maddy I was in the middle of a game. I told you I would do it when I was done." He said and stood up to put the controller on the rack where all his games and other controllers were.

"You've said that a hundred times the past couple weeks and I end up doing everything. I do the dishes, I cook, I do the laundry, hell I clean up every single part of this house and 9/10 times it's your mess I'm cleaning. Most of my day is spent cleaning up after you and you don't even talk to me. At this point I'm not even your girlfriend anymore, I'm just your damn maid." I shouted and gestured to the mess I haven't cleaned up yet because I was just grocery shopping because he couldn't be bothered to do that either.

"Well if your OCD wasn't so bad then you wouldn't have to clean everything up. The apartment is perfectly fine the way it is, you're just overreacting." He said and rolled his eyes.

"I'm overreacting? You're under reacting Calum. This apartment is a complete mess every single day and I have to clean the same mess every single day. This isn't even about my OCD anymore it's about the fact that I don't want to live in a garbage can anymore. And it's not even about the apartment anymore. It's the fact that you don't even talk to me yet you expect me to make you three meals a day and clean up your mess. If you aren't working or writing you're playing video games or with the boys. Meanwhile I'm in our room doing nothing or cleaning up the house. You barely say a word to me and you don't even treat me like your girlfriend, you treat me like your servant or your cleaning lady. I refuse to be treated like a housewife Calum." I yelled which seemed to only make him even more annoyed at me which made me angrier.

"You're not a damn housewife Madelyn. Even if I was trying to make you a housewife you wouldn't let me. You're too much of a feminist to be treated like a housewife." He said and sat back down on the couch.