2

"Maddy can I borrow your car today? I had to bring mine to the shop and I don't get it back for a couple days." Michael said as I got ready for school.

"How am I supposed to get to school?" I asked and put the stuff I'd need for today in my backpack.

"You and Calum both have math at 7:30 and your second class gets out at 11:30 so you can ride with him." He said and leaned against the doorframe of my open door.

"Yea no." I said and put on some lipgloss and checked my hair in my mirror.

"Oh come on please?" He begged. If I had to ride with Calum it was a no, if I had to ride with Luke then I would. I cannot deal with Calum for even the 20 minute drive it takes to get to campus.

"Ride with Luke or something." I said and got my phone off it's charger.

"We don't have classes at the same time, plus Luke left like half an hour ago. Maddy please I don't have any way to get to school and I'm already falling behind. Plus Ashton is already at work so I can't ask him to drive me." He pleaded.

"I'm not riding with Calum." I said flatly and just then Calum walked past my room with an offended look on his face, which I knew was fake because this boy did not have emotions at all.

"Aww come on, we never spend time together." He said, obviously faking the sadness and I just rolled my eyes at him.

"Yea there's a reason for that." I said making Michael let out a sigh.

"Mads be nice. Can you please just ride with Calum so I can get to class on time? Tomorrow you won't have to because you and Luke have the same first class." He said.

"Yea Madelyn ride with Calum." Calum said with a smirk which absolutely disgusted me.

"You know I don't like you right?" I said with my arms crossed over my chest.

"Things can change." He said and shrugged his shoulders making Michael elbow him in the ribs.

"Stop hitting on my sister." Michael said.

"Yea stop hitting on his sister, she doesn't like it." I said referring to myself in third person.

"Can we just go we'll be late?" Calum said with a raised eyebrow.

"Since when do you care?" I asked in surprise.

"Since I had a goody riding in the passenger seat of my car." He said making me let out a scoff.

"I'm going to kill both of you." I said and walked past them and down the stairs so I wasn't late for class.

"You know you're very mean to me Madelyn. I haven't done anything to do, so frankly I don't think I deserve this hatred." Calum said once the two of us got in his car.

"Hate is a strong word." I said and looked out the window. This was going to be a long 20 minutes.

"So does that mean you hate me or?" He asked.

"Why do you care?" I asked and put my feet on the dashboard.

"Because your my best friends little sister. Plus you don't hate Luke or Ashton so I want to know why you hate me." He said and I could sense some sort of emotion, I couldn't tell what it was but honestly I didn't care too much.

"I don't hate you... I just strongly dislike you." I said and kept staring out the window.

"Why?" He said and I let out a soft groan. He should know already why I'm not so fond of him. I mean when all of us and my friends and whatever were all together I was civil with him for the sake of not making things awkward. I'd bite my tongue whenever he'd say something that I didn't like or whenever he just annoyed me in general. But if we were ever alone or if it was just me and the boys sometimes I wouldn't care too much. He knew he annoyed me and he knew I didn't care for how he treated girls, or even people for that matter.