27

"The beach?" I said once he parked the car in front of the sand.

"Yea why not? It's relaxing." He said and got out of the car. I decided not to question it too much because he was right. The beach was really relaxing and maybe I needed it a bit.

The two of us decided to leave our socks and shoes in the car because no normal person walks on the beach with shoes on. Then we just walked along the shore for a bit in a comforting silence with the waves in the background. After a little while we sat in the sand and looked at the ocean and just talked about random things.

"Can I ask you a bit of a personal question? You don't have to answer if you don't want to." He said and leaned back on his hands while I had my knees pressed against my chest.

"Sure." I said and turned my head to look at him.

"What happened with Kayden? I mean I know he was an asshole but what happened?" He said while I let out a sigh and looked back at the ocean.

"He cheated on me a couple times. He judged me a lot for stupid stuff. Like sleeping with a stuffed animal, knowing things that he didn't know, because less face it he was stupid and he knew I was smarter than him which made him mad. He thought it was weird that I was so close to my brother and his friends and I hung out with you guys so much. He thought it was weird that my parents were barely around things like that. He just made me feel small everyday." I said and wrapped my arms tighter around my legs.

"Because he knew you were better than him so he wanted you to feel like he was better than you." He said and I just nodded my head.

"He's probably one of the few people that I will gladly say is not as good as me." I said with a laugh.

"Because he's not." He said and smiled at me.

"What happened with your ex girlfriend? You never told me her name." I asked.

"Her name was Kiersten. You don't know her because she was a senior when I was a sophomore so you were still in middle school. She was older and I liked that about her, I don't know why but I did. She didn't like that I was younger because for some reason girls think it's weird to date someone younger than them, I don't know maybe it was just her. The only reason she really dated me was because 'I was hot and good in bed' apparently. She never liked me and she made me like her by messing with my feelings a lot, but I was young and didn't really know better. After she broke up with me for some college kid I had found out she had cheated on me a ton of times and it hurt like a bitch on top of everything else." He said and looked between me and the ocean.

"Wow what a bitch." I said which made him laugh a bit.

"Yea she was a bitch." He said with a laugh.

"I'm sorry she was so terrible. I bet she had black hair and dressed like a hooker and had brown eyes that just looked mean." I said which made him laugh even more.

"That is exactly how she was actually. But it's alright, I've been over it for years." He said and shrugged his shoulders.

"If you've been over it then why haven't you gotten into a relationship?" I asked.

"I guess all the girls that I ever talked to or ever talked to me only wanted sex and I guess I was fine with that. Relationships still scare me like crazy just because that was the worst pain I've ever felt and I don't want to feel anything close to that pain again. I guess Ashton just made me realize a lot of people are scared and the right person will stay." He said.

"Ashton is a wise man." I said and leaned back on my hands so our shoulders were almost touching.

"Are you saying that because you would've said the same thing?" He asked which made me laugh.