chapter 44

She stopped us in front of a room.

"Look, I've spent years in a haze, trying to forget my past"

"Hmm" Thor hummed. I took off the mask so I looked like myself now.

"Sakaar seemed like the best place to drink and forget, and to die one day" Valkyrie continued.

"I was thinking that you drink too much, and that probably was gonna kill you" Thor said.

"I don't plan to stop drinking" Valkyrie protested.

"Oh"

"But I don't wanna forget. I can't turn away anymore... So if I'm gonna die... Well, it may as well be driving my sword through the heart of that murderous hag"

"Good" Thor said.

"Yeah" Bruce said after.

"So I'm saying I wanna be on the team. Has it got a name?" Valkyrie asked.

"Yeah, it's called the Revengers" Thor said.

"Revengers?" Valkyrie asked, not impressed.

"Because Thor's getting revenge. You're getting revenge" I say "Me, she almost killed me, so I'm getting revenge"

"Do you want revenge?" Thor asked, looking at Bruce.

"I'm undecided" Bruce said, stammering.

"Okay" Thor said and looked back at Valkyrie.

"Also, I've got a piece offering" Valkyrie said.

"Oh, here we go" I say.

She opened the door to the room and sitting inside was Loki, tied up with chains.

"Surprise" Loki said and I started laughing. We walked inside the room and Thor threw something at Loki and it hit his head.

"Ow" Loki said, looking at us.

"Just had to be sure" Thor said, walking towards Valkyrie. I walked to Loki and sat down in front of him. Loki looked up to see Bruce walking towards him.

"Hello, Bruce" Loki said.

"So, last time I saw you, you were trying to kill everybody. Where are you at these days?"

"It varies from moment to moment" Loki said and Bruce raised an eyebrow in shock. I slapped Loki playfully on the arm.

"Hey, how have you been?" I ask. In the weeks that Thor wasn't in Sakaar, me and Loki got close.

"Not great, as you can see" he says, gesturing to the chains.

"Loki?" I call.

"Yes darling?" he asks.

"If something goes wrong, and... And Thanos comes, don't do anything stupid. Please" I say, tears threatening to fall.

"You're trying to save me from my future" Loki said and looked down.

I pulled his head up and put my hands on his head, leaned my forehead on his and playing his death so he can see it. I pull back crying and holding my head in pain. I yell out for Bucky but he doesn't come. Thor comes to me and holds me in his arms, cradling me.

"What have you done, brother?" Thor asked, me still holding my head in pain.

"It wasn't him. I showed him something he wasn't meant to see. It's not his fault. It's mine" I say, pulling back and getting a handful of water to ease the pain in my head "Don't blame him"

"Are you alright?" Thor asked and I nodded my head. I sat in front of Loki again.

"Darling... You shouldn't have done that"

"I need you to save yourself. Promise me you won't die. Promise me. Please" I say, cupping his cheeks in my hands.

"I promise" Loki said and I hugged him tight. He leaned his head on my shoulder and I pulled away to find him smiling.

"What?"

"I didn't think anyone cared for me so much as to show me my own death" he said and I smiled back at him.

"Well, don't ever forget that I will always care for you, no matter what you've done" I say and move a stray piece of hair out of his face.

"We need a ship" Bruce said.

"Need a ship" Thor said, repeating Bruce.

"There are 1 of 2 ships. Absolute top of the line models-" Valkyrie started.

"I don't mean to impose-" Loki interrupted but Valkyrie threw a bottle his way that hit the wall, making Loki jump a bit. I give Valkyrie a look and she doesn't care. I brush off all the glass that's on myself and Loki "The Grandmaster has a great many ships. I may even have stolen the access codes to his security system"

"And suddenly you're overcome with an urge to do the right thing" Valkyrie questions, not buying it.

"Heavens, no" Loki snapped back "I've run out of favour with the Grandmaster and in exchange for codes and access to a ship I'm asking for safe passage through the Anus" Loki said and I snickered.

"You're telling us that you can get us access into the garage without setting off any alarms?"

"Yes, brother. I can"

"Okay, can I just..." Bruce says and whistles for us to come into a circle for a talk "A quick FYI" I come to the circle and we are all huddled together "I was just talking to him just a couple minutes ago and he was totally ready to kill any of us"

"Maybe except me" I say, looking towards Loki.

"He did try to kill me" Valkyrie said.

"Yes, me too. On many, many occasions" Thor looked at Loki and Loki looked away "There was 1 time when we were children... He transformed himself into a snake, and he knows that I love snakes. So, I went to pick up the snake to admire it and he transformed back into himself and he was like 'Bluh, it's me!' and he stabbed me. We were eight at the time" I looked at Loki who was reminiscing that moment and just burst out laughing.

"What?" Thor asked, offended.

"Loki... And the snake... And... And he..." I couldn't get words out of my mouth because I was on the floor, laughing my ass off.

"If we're boosting a ship..." Valkyrie continued, ignoring me "We're gonna need to draw some guards away from the palace"

"Why not set the beast loose?" Loki said and I immediately stopped laughing and got up.

"Are you crazy?" I say, walking forward a bit.

"Shut up" Thor said.

"You guys have a beast?" Valkyrie asked, shocked and excited.

"No, there's no beast. He's just being stupid. We're going to start a revolution" Thor said, looking at Loki then back at us.

"Revolution?" Bruce asked.

"I'll explain later" Thor said, whispering a bit.

"Who's this guy again?" Valkyrie asked, looking at Bruce, then Thor, then me.

"I'll explain later" Thor repeated.