chapter 58

"How's it going?" Clint asked and I looked at him "Jesus. Maybe he's making this shit up"

"No. I don't think he is" I say, even though I know he isn't lying.

"Why? 'Cause he knows you're the Stonehearted?" Clint asked and I got a little annoyed.

"Clint, Thanos left here with the Soul Stone... Gamora didn't. That's not a coincidence" I say.

"Yeah" Clint said and nodded his head, looking away.

"Whatever it takes" I say under my breath.

"Whatever it takes" Clint repeated and I got up, walking up to him.

"If we don't get that stone... Billions of people stay dead" I say.

"Yeah" Clint said and nodded his head again "Then I guess we both know who it's gotta be"

"I guess we do" I say and tears began to come again. I hold his hand in mine and a tear drips down.

"I'm starting to think we mean different people here, Y/N" Clint said as another tear fell down. I smiled weakly at him.

"For the last 5 years, I've felt so empty inside, not having Happy, Peter, Peter, Wanda, Pietro, Bucky. And I've been trying to get here as fast as I can to bring them back, to bring everyone back" I say and look down.

"No, don't you get all decent on me now" Clint says and I look back at him.

"What, you think I wanna do it? I'm trying to save your life, you idiot"

"Yeah, well, I don't want you to, How's that? Y/N, you know what I've done, more than anyone. You've seen it with your own eyes, whether it was in this world or the other one. You know what I've become"

"I don't judge people on their worst mistakes"

"Maybe you should"

"If I did, I wouldn't have you, Bucky, dad, after what he pulled when he created Ultron. You didn't judge Nat. Even after what they taught her, you chose to see the good in her and she became your best friend" I say and there was a deafening pause.

"You're a pain in my ass, you know that?" Clint said. I chuckled a little and nod my head. He leans his forehead on mine and I start crying silently "Okay. You win" I nod my head and wipe away my tears. He smirks at me and trips me up, holding me on the ground.

"I should've see that coming" I say, annoyed with myself.

"Tell my family I love 'em" Clint said but I pushed him to the side and got up.

"You tell 'em yourself" I say and use a bit of ice to hold him down.

I look at the cliff and run. Clint gets out of the ice easily and shoots an explosive arrow next to me. I fall to the side and hold my stomach in pain, seeing Clint run towards the cliff. He jumps off but I jump off as well, using one of Nat's gadgets to get a grappling hook and shoot it up. I attach the gadget to Clint and he hangs off a rope. We hit the wall and I almost fall but he grabs my arm and keeps a good grip on it. I look up at him and he looks at the gadget.

"Damn you" he says and I look down at the drop "No, don't look down, look at me" he says and tries to grab my hand with his other hand but can't "Wait"

"Let me go" I say but he shakes his head.

"No. No. Please, no. You're a kid. What about your family, me, the others?" Clint asked.

"I'm not a kid. The others will understand. Tell them I love them. All of them. I love you" I say and he holds my hand a little tighter.

"I love you too. Please. Don't do this"

"It's okay" I say and use my legs to push back. He lets go by accident and I fall down, meeting death for the first time.

Wait, if you did that, how are you still alive and telling me this story?

Wade! You just ruined the whole thing! You were doing so well just listening and not interacting with the readers. Ugh! I hate you!

Awe, I love you too!

Shut up! I love you too but shut up. Ahem, as I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted, I had fell to my collective demise, but what Clint didn't know was that I discreetly used air bending to make my fall slower so it didn't kill me. It still hurt like heck but I was alive, and to make it look like I died, I made a cut on my neck so that blood would come out, making me look dead. Anyway, Clint got the stone and travelled back to the present.

How did you come back?

I waited for evil past Nebula to open the teleporter so that I could come back. All I had to do was wait and not move, no matter how uncomfortable I was. Here's what happened when I died in Clint's point of view (He told me what happened, by the way)

-Clint's POV-

"Did we get 'em all?" Bruce asked. He was shirtless for some reason but I didn't care.

"Are you telling me this actually worked?" Rhodey asked.

"Clint, where's Y/N?" Tony asked but I didn't have the courage to say anything. I looked up at them with teary eyes but still didn't say anything. Tony got on his knees in anger and punched the floor. Nat came in moments after, running in looking for Y/N.

"Hey! Did it work? Is the universe saved? Did she do it right? Where's Y/N?" Nat asked as she came next to Bruce, seeing me and Tony in tears.

~~~~~

We were all silent, not daring to say a word until Tony spoke.

"Are you sure this happened? I mean there's no way to tell, right? She is the Stonehearted, couldn't she have just asked?" Tony asked angrily.

"Yeah, she could've. But it's too late" Steve said. We were all crying.

"What?" Thor asked.

"Huh?" Tony asked. His eyes were red and his cheeks were stained in tears.

"What are you doing?" Thor asked.

"Just asked him a question" Tony said casually.

"Yeah, no, you're acting like she's dead. Why are we acting like she's dead. She's not. She can't be. We have the stones, right? As long as we have the stones... Cap, we can bring her back. Isn't that right? So, stop this shit. We're the Avengers. Get it together"

"Can't get her back" I say.

"What's he...? What?" Thor asked.

"It can't be undone" I say and look at Thor "It can't" Thor just starts laughing.

"Look, I'm sorry, no offence, but you're a very earthly being, okay? And we're talking about space magic. And 'can't' seems very definitive. Don't you think?" Thor continued. I put my hands up in defeat just before speaking.

"Yeah, look, I know that I'm way outside my pay grade here but she still isn't here, is she?"

"No, that's my point" Thor says.

"It can't be undone" I repeat "Or that's at least what the red, floating guy had to say. Maybe you wanna go talk to him, okay? Go grab your hammer and you go fly and you talk to him!" I yell angrily "It was supposed to be me. She sacrificed her life for that goddamn stone. She bet her life on it. She knew it would be Nat and she went and sacrificed herself so Nat wouldn't. She loved us" I say. Bruce yelled in anger and threw a bench as far as he could, not that it made a difference.

"She's not coming back" he said in defeat "We have to make it worth it. We have to"

"We will" Steve said. I could tell he and Tony were hurt the most.