chapter 24

Dad, Thor, Vision, Pietro and me were fighting off some robots that were trying to get to the core. When there were no robots left in the area, dad started talking.

"Romanoff, you and Banner better not be playing 'hide the zucchini'"

"Relax, shellhead. Not all of us can fly" she replied.

When she got here, Steve came as well.

"What's the drill" she asked.

"This is the drill. If Ultron gets a hand on the core, we lose" dad said. Pointing to the core. I looked at the core and a chill went up my spine. I was thinking about Endgame again. I was pulled from my thoughts when Ultron was hovering in front of us as some robots were coming from behind him.

"Is that the best you can do?" Thor asked.

Ultron put his hand up to signal the robots and they all came. All of them.

"You had to ask" Steve said in a monotone kind of voice.

"This is the best I can do" Ultron said "This is exactly what I wanted. All of you against all of me. How can you possibly hope to stop me?" Ultron asked. I wanted to kill this spastic, demented, psychopath for a long time now and he was making my blood boil.

"Well, like the old man said... Together" Tony said.

Ultron's army was charging at us and we defended the core, killing every robot we could get our hands or powers on. I was killing the most since I could literally bend the metal they were made out of. I was in the zone. So much so that I didn't realise that I was flying. Yes you heard me correctly, flying. I only noticed when dad called my name and I saw myself flying.

"Sweet" I say evilly and... Let me just say, I was rather enjoying taking out my pain and anger out on evil bad guys. Bad guys I didn't need to worry about trying to not kill. We did that cool scene, you know the one, and I couldn't believe it. Everything came back to me, like how I first met Steve, my parents, what happened in Winter Soldier, being in a relationship with the Winter Soldier. I really was the luckiest woman alive. We were fighting for what felt like forever when Ultron got angry and started attacking Vision. Vision hit back hard and me, dad and Thor went out to help him. Me and Thor shot him with lighting while dad and Vision shot him with lasers or something. He wasn't backing down and for some reason, I started combining all the elements together to make myself even stronger. I thought that my eyes even turned white because I was going into the state. He finally backed down and we all stopped using our powers. When I felt myself go out of the state, I imediately fell to he ground. Dad ran to me and caught me just before I fell. I looked at him and he smiled at me.

"Great job, kid" I smiled at him and got up, slowly.

"You know, with the benefit of hindsight..."

"Shut up you son of a-" before I could finish my sentence, Hulk came and hit Ultron so hard, he went flying into he sky. Some other robots saw this and ran away, afraid of what would happen to them.

"They'll try and leave the city" I say weakly.

"We can't let them, not even 1. Rhodey" dad said and Rhodey replied with,

"I'm on it. Oh, no. I didn't say you could leave" I chuckled to myself "War Machine coming at you! Right... Okay, what?"

"We gotta move out. Even I can tell the air is getting thin. You guys get to the boats. I'll sweep for stragglers. Be right behind you"

"What about the core?" Clint asked. I could just about stand up by myself but my body still felt weak.

"I'll protect it. It's my job" I smile at her and Clint nodded his head.

"Nat. This way" Clint said and helped me get to the boats.

~~~~~

"I know what I need to do" Clint said as he was driving a car with me and nat in it to the boats "The dining room. If I knock out that east wall, it'd make a nice workspace for Laura, huh? put up some baffling. She can't hear the kids running around. What do you think?"

"I think we shouldn't be talking about this now" I say weakly. I'm so tired.

"You guys always eat in the kitchen anyway" Nat said, checking up on me.

"No one eats in a dining room" he said as we were just next to the boats "We don't have a lot of time"

"So both of you get your asses on a boat" she said before leaving.

Clint was helping me get in the boat when he sees a kid trying to climb out of a hole he was stuck in. He looked down and went to help the kid. I looked closely, walking out of the carrier. I saw Ultron coming in a quinjet and Clint was about to cover the kid when I went into the state and ran at the speed of light, blocking the bullets from hitting Pietro. I stood infront of Clint and the kid until Ultron stopped shooting. When he did, I had some bullet holes in my abdomen. I fell to the ground and Clint picked my head up, holding it in my hands. I smiled at him.

"I did it" I said weakly. I saw Steve come and call my name. I looked at him with happiness and a tear ran down my face. I closed my eyes for a second and when I opened them, I was in a boat, getting taken care of. I was gonna die, but I was going to die protecting those I loved. I was at peace and I felt myself drift off and black out.

~~~~~

I found myself waking up to a room I was unfamiliar with. Next to me were 2 people. 1 to my left, another to my right. I remembered what happened and I bolted up. Dad and Steve sat straighter and asked what was wrong. I relaxed.

"Nothing. How long was I out?"

"Almost a week"

"A WEEK!" I yelled and got up.

I walked out the room and looked around. After a moment of confusion, it hit me.

"Am I in the new Avengers facility? Upstate New York to be exact?"

"Yeah. That was just a guess?" Steve asked. I give him a look and he nods his head "Right"

Dad directs me to my room and tells me to get ready. He said he is going to take me on a tour of the place. I take a shower and put on something casual.

I tied my hair up in a messy bun and went out

I tied my hair up in a messy bun and went out. I saw dad and he was with Thor. He showed me all around the place. We went to every room and damn there were a lot. After the tour I got something to eat and I forgot how much I miss spending time with dad. After a while we hung out for the rest of the day.