chapter 23

We were evacuating the city when robots started coming out from the ground. They were coming from everywhere.

"This might be a good time to show your powers, Y/N" Steve says through the earpiece.

"Magic" I correct.

Everyone was running around in a panic. I took off my shoes and let me tell you, all Hel broke lose. I was fighting robots left to right, getting civilians to safety. I realised that all the robots were made of metal that was bendable, if that's even a word. I was just going everywhere, looking for robots to pull apart. I found Wanda struggling so I decided to help her. She got knocked down (but she got up again, yeah, your never gonna keep her down) so I destroyed the robot that were attacking her. I helped her up then destroyed all the robots in the area with ease. I looked at her and she nodded her head. I run to find Steve and he was where he was supposed to be, by the bridge. I got to Steve and the ground started shaking. Sokovia was going to go for a ride. Steve killed a robot and looked over the edge of the bridge. I did the same and stood next to him.

"Oh my god" I say then look at Steve with terror. I did not want to fall down there.

"Do you see the beauty of it?" Ultron started. "The inevitability. You rise, only to fall. You, Avengers, you are my meteor. My swift and terrible sword. And the Earth will crack with the weight of your failure. Purge me from your computers, turn my own flesh against me. It means nothing. When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal"

~~~~~

Me and Steve were still at the edge of the floating island. Me and Steve got knocked backwards by some robots that came our way.

"Cap, Y/N, you got incoming" dad said after I landed on a car.

"Incoming already came in" I say and groan.

I'm about to get up when I hear people screaming and a loud crash. Steve gets startled and lays on the car for a second before getting up again, helping me as well.

"Stark, you worry about bringing the city down safely. The rest of us have 1 job, tear these things apart. You get hurt, hurt them back. You get killed, walk it off" Steve says to everyone and we both go to the edge of the island where some people in cars were. Steve quickly grabbed the back of the car but, surprise surprise, the car broke off from his hands. I jumped down and landed on the girls car and threw her up to Steve. I turned around and jumped, using my air bending as a boost. I land on my feet right in front of Steve, Thor arriving right after I did.

"What, were you napping?" Steve asked Thor as the 3 of us ran towards the center of Sokovia. We were fighting robots left and right when Ultron came out of nowhere and grabbed Thor, taking him away from me and Steve. After some time Nat came and helped us too. She was really enjoying this. We take all the civilians into building and make sure none are left behind.

"What do you got Stark?" Steve asked as we left the civilians with everyone else.

"Huh? Nothing great. Maybe a way to blow up the city. That'll keep it from impacting the surface if you guys can get clear" dad said. I still had hope, obviously cuz I knew what happens. I was still worried about Pietro. I need to make sure I save him.

"We need a solution, not an escape plan" Steve said, really annoyed.

"Impact radius is getting bigger every second. We're gonna have to make a choice" dad continued.

Me and Steve were now looking at the view before us. It was really breath taking. If you forget that the world might end, then this would be very pleasant.

"Y/N, Cap, these people are going nowhere. If Stark finds a way to blow this rock..."

"Not till everyone's safe" Steve says. I nod my head in agreement.

"Everyone up here versus everyone down there? There's no math there"

"I'm not leaving this rock with one civilian on it" I say and look out to the view. Steve agrees with me.

"I didn't say we should leave" Nat said. I looked at her "There's worse ways to go" she looked out "Where else am I gonna get a view like this?"

"Glad you like the view, Romanoff. It's about to get better" Nick says through the earpiece.

"Nick, I love you" I say and hug Steve tight.

"Wait what?" He questions.

"Not like that you idiot" I say.

"Anyway, nice, right? Pulled her out of mothballs with a couple of old friends. She's dusty, but she'll do"

"Fury, you son of a-"

"Steve! For gosh sake, watch your language" I joke and he gives me a look.

Pietro comes up to us while the life boats were coming to the island.

"This is S.H.I.E.L.D?" Pietro asks.

"This, my friend, is what S.H.I.E.L.D is suppose to be" I say and lean my arm on his shoulder.

"This is not so bad" he comments.

"Let's load them up" Steve said.

We direct everyone to the life boats and there are people rushing to get off this island. I run to the church and see Ultron hurting Thor.

"You think you're saving anyone?" Ultron grabs Thor by the throat. I was gonna run and stop him but Vision held me back. "I turn that key and drop this rock a little early and it's still billions dead. Even you can't stop that"

"I am Thor, son of Odin, and as long as there is life in my breast... I am running out of things to say! Are you ready?" He looks at Vision and sees me.

Vision hits Ultron really hard with mjolnir and Ultron gets sent flying back. Thor gets mjolnir back and is panting.

"It's terribly well-balanced" Vision said. I looked at him.

"I know" I agree.

"Well, if there's too much weight, you lose power on the swing, so... Y/N how are you?"

"Not too bad, considering the things that are going on"

After a while I hear dad speak.

"Thor, I got a plan"

"We're out of time" Thor says.

"They're coming for the core" I finish.

"Rhodey, get the rest of the people on board that carrier"

"On it" Rhodey replied.

"Avengers, it's time to work for a living" dad said.