chapter 3

-Captain America: The Winter Soldier-

After a lot of convincing, like a lot of convincing, dad finally let me go with Steve to DC. Me and Steve were running laps in the morning together. I needed to get some training done so I went with him and it was actually fun. Sam was there but Steve didn't know who he was. Definitely not a fast runner.

"On your left" Steve said to Sam.

Later on we pass him again.

"On your left" Steve said again

"Yep, on my left, got it" Sam replied.

And again...

"Don't say it, don't say it."

"On your left"

"Oh come on" Sam said as he tried to run faster.

After we finished the lap, me and Steve went to introduce ourselves.

"Need a medic?" Steve asked jokingly, walking up to Sam. Sam chuckled a little.

"I need a new set of lungs. Dude, you guys just ran, like, 13 miles in 30 minutes"

"Guess we got a late start" I joke.

"Oh really, you should be ashamed of yourselves, go take another lap. Did you just take it, I'm assuming you just took it"

"What unit you with?" Steve asked.

"58th pararescue, but now I'm working down at the VA. Sam Wilson."

"Steve Rogers"

"Y/N Stark"

"I kinda put that together, though I don't know you, are you some kind of unknown superhero"

"Not really, I just moved here. I'm a friend of Steve's and I wanted to go running with him."

"Oh, that explains a lot."

We were just talking for a while when Nat texted me.

"Oh, gotta run boys, see you later Sam, bye Steve."

"See ya."

Moments later, me and Nat drive up to the curb and wait for Steve. I roll down the window.

"Hey, fellas. Either one of you know where the Smithsonian is, we're here to pick up a fossil" I joke.

"That's hilarious" Steve sarcastically replies.

"How you doing?" Sam asked Nat.

"Hey" she replied.

Steve then came into the car with us.

"Can't run everywhere" Steve said.

"No you can't" Sam agreed.

~~~~~

On the quinjet

"Target is a mobile satellite launch platform, the Lumerian Star. They were sending up their last payload when pirates took them 93 minutes ago" Rumlow said.

"Any demands?" Steve asked.

"Billion and a half" I say.

"How do you know?" Rumlow asked, turning to me.

"long story, one I don't want to tell you" I snap back, causing everyone to stare.

"Anyway, why so steep?" Steve asked, trying to stop the conversation.

"Because it's S.H.I.E.L.D.'s" I complete once again, causing everyone to look, except Steve and Nat.