chapter 56 (edited)

"You're drifting left. One side there, Lebowski" dad said as he was carrying something for the quantum tunnel thing "Ratchet, how's it going?" dad asked.

"It's Rocket" Rocket said as he was fixing something. I was on the side, fixing the panel that would be able to start the machine "Take it easy. You're only a genius on earth, pal" I finished fixing it and got up to help dad.

~~~~~

"Alright, Clint. We're going in 3, 2... 1" Bruce said and Clint got sucked into the quantum realm. After a couple of seconds, Bruce brought him back and he was on the floor panting. We all ran to him and Nat cupped his cheeks in her hands.

"Hey. Hey, look at me. You okay?" Nat asked and he got up.

"Yeah. Yeah" he said and looked at Nat "It worked. It worked" he threw the glove that he had to dad.

~~~~~

"Okay, so the how works. Now we gotta figure out the when and the where. Almost everyone on this room has had an encounter... With at least one of the 6 Infinity Stones" Steve said, looking at everyone.

"Or substitute the word 'encounter'... For 'damn near been killed' by one of the 6 Infinity Stones" dad says.

"Well, I haven't" Scott says "I don't even know what the hell you're all talking about" I chuckle a little at his response.

"I haven't either. I can't be killed by them" I point out.

"Regardless, we only have enough Pym Particles for 1 round trip each. And these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history" Bruce says.

"Our history" dad corrects "So, not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in, yeah?"

"Which means we have to pick our targets" Clint says.

"Correct" dad says, pointing to him.

"So, let's start with the Aether"

"Oh, here we go" I say.

"Thor, what do you know?" Steve continued. Everyone turned to Thor and he looked dead.

"Is he asleep?" Nat asked and I sighed.

"No, no. I'm pretty sure he's dead" Rhodey said and I laughed.

"And he thought Valkyrie would die drinking" I say jokingly and only Bruce knew what I meant.

I woke up Thor and he stood up, ready to tell us about the Aether or the Reality Stone.

"Uh, where to start? Um... The Aether, firstly, is not a stone. Someone called it a stone before" Thor said and pointed at Steve before continuing "Um, it's more of an angry sludge sort of a thing... So someone's gonna need to amend that and stop saying that. Here's an interesting story, though, about the Aether. My grandfather, many years ago... Had to hide the stone from the Dark Elves. Ooh" Thor chuckles "Scary beings. So, Jane, actually..." I scoffed at her name. A picture of her came up and Thor pointed at it "Oh, there she is. Yeah, so Jane was an old flame of mine. You know, she stuck her hand inside a rock this one time... And then the Aether stuck itself inside her... And she became very, very sick. And so I had to take her to Asgard, which is where I'm from..." I look around and see that Scott is genuinely interested in the story. I smile a little and he looks at me and smiles. How is this guy so old yet so interesting and funny "We were dating at the time, you see... And I got to introduce her to my mother... Who's dead and, um... Oh, you know, Jane and I aren't even dating anymore, so..." I looked at Bruce as a signal to get Thor to stop and he signals to dad to make Thor stop "Yes, these things happen, though. You know? Nothing lasts forever. The only thing that..."