chapter 52

"Thanos spent a long time trying to perfect me. And when he worked, he talked about his Great Plan. Even disassembled, I wanted to please him. I'd ask... Where would we go once his plan was complete? And his answer was always the same. 'To the Garden'" Nebula said, leaning on a table.

"That's cute. Thanos has a retirement plan" Rhodey said and I chuckled sadly.

"So, where is he?" Steve asked.

"When Thanos snapped his fingers... Earth became ground 0 for a power surge of ridiculously cosmic proportions. No one's ever seen anything like it" Rocket said and played a hologram of earth releasing a power surge "Until 2 days ago... on this planet" Rocket showed the same power surge on a different planet. The 'Garden'.

"Thanos is there" Nebula said in her naturally monotone voice. Nat moved forward and spoke.

"He used the stones again"

"Hey, hey, hey" Bruce said, getting everyone's attention "We'd be going in shorthanded, you know. Look, he's still got the stones, so..."

"So lets get 'em" Carol interrupted "Use them to bring everyone back"

"Just like that?" Bruce asked.

"Yeah. Just like that" Steve said.

"Even if there's a small chance that we can undo this... I mean, we owe it to everyone who's not in this room to try" Nat said, looking at everybody in the room.

"If we do this, how do we know it's gonna end any differently than it did before?" Bruce asked.

"Because before you didn't have me" Carol says and I scoffed quietly to myself.

"Hey, new girl? Everybody in this room is about that superhero life. And if you don't mind my asking, where the hell have you been all this time?" Rhodey asked, kinda pissed off.

"There are a lot of other planets in the universe. And unfortunately, they didn't have you guys" Carol says and Steve flashes a quick smile before looking down. Thor gets up from his seat and walks right in front of Carol. He summons Stormbreaker right next to Carol but she doesn't flinch. She smirks at him and Thor looks at me and then everyone else.

"I like this one" Thor looked around again.

"Let's go get this son of a b*tch" Steve said.

"Wait!" I call, getting everyone's attention "I need to tell you something important. If I don't, it will be the end of the world" I exaggerate and Steve starts laughing.

"Okay. What is it?" he asks.

"Don't get mad, but, do you remember when we were in Wakanda and I blacked out for no reason?" I asked and Bruce, Nat, Steve and Rhodey nodded their heads "Well, I had this vision and I am the most powerful being in the universe" I say and Rhodey starts to laugh "What?" I ask.

"You? Tony Stark's daughter? The most powerful being in the universe?" Rhodey asks and Rocket does his 'very real' laugh. The one he did in Guardians of the Galaxy, I think.

"Yes" I say angrily "I'm the-" I start but get interrupted.

"Stonehearted" Carol says and I nod my head "I know about the Stonehearted. Said to have the powers of the Infinity Stones themselves. The worthiest person in the universe. That's why you weren't snapped"

"Are you being serious? This girl couldn't take a punch when she first came here and now you're telling me that she is the most powerful being to ever live. That is the biggest lie I have ever heard in my life"

"It's not a lie" I protest, my blood boiling.

"It isn't? Because I can't remember the last time you became all-powerful and unbeatable"