Chapter 35

Ame's P.O.V (here, just take some art)

As soon as I heard him close the door, the whole room gained a sense of emptiness. Like it had lost something of value and was striped down to its simplest form; an ugly form.

I looked down, turned around, and made my way over to the couch. My body slumped down into the cushions, while my shoulders sagged. Boredom was already seeping into my mind.

I glanced at the room; its ceiling, its floor, and all the accessories that complemented the things before them. But, it all seemed plain now.

I huffed and closed my eyes, while I crossed one of my legs over the other.

Immediately my brain drew up pictures of darkness, but color soon emerged from it. The different pigments swirled together, just enough to keep me entertained.

After a bit of time, they formed a figure that I had gotten to know fairly well by now; Russia.

He wasn't doing anything other than standing there, but I felt intrigued. So, as if I was being pulled by a fishing rod, I walked over to him.

When I got closer, I noticed that he was holding something in his hands. The closer I got, the more I saw about him, until I was mere feet away.

His face was the last thing that my eyes caught onto. He was nervous, or, at least I thought he was. I hadn't really seen Russia nervous before, he was always the type to be more concerned than the prior emotion.

By now I had figured out what was in his hands; flowers. There was an assortment of different petal sizes, numbers of petals, and bulb shapes. It was a bit overwhelming to see all of them thrust into one arrangement.

I reached out to him and tapped his shoulder. He instantly turned to me and smiled. His hands fumbled around the bouquet for a minute, but they soon landed in front of my chest.

He got those for me.

I hesitantly took the bundle out of his hands and scooped it up into my own. My heart was pounding against my ribcage, as if it was trying to escape to be with his. My throat was sealed, but kept breathing by some miracle.

Russia's mouth then moved, however, no sound came out. The only thing that I could hear was a high-pitched ringing sound that grew in frequency.

Although the sound was painfully loud and almost gave me a headache, I could hear two words he said.

"Can I?"

I wasn't sure what he meant by that, but my head moved up and down anyways.

He stepped closer.

One arm wrapped around my waist.

The other hand gilded under my chin.

He tilted my head up.

He closed his eyes.

And my eyes snapped open to find the ceiling.

I slowly sat up and looked around at the same surroundings that I had seen for the past few weeks. The feeling took a moment, but it eventually settled in that the colorful pictures in my head were just that, in my head.

I lifted my hand up and rubbed under my eyes, they felt heavy and tired, like they had weights dragging them down. However, I didn't let them win, because each time that they closed, I pried them open.

The dream-like vision circulated my mind, while my face re-heated from what occurred in it. It made me feel appreciated, or special was a better way to describe it.