Chapter 59

Delaware's P.O.V

"You don't get it, do you?" I screamed. "This new law would help fix the trillions of dollars in debt we are in!"

I was so sick and tired of nonsense.

It wasn't even funny anymore, it was just intolerable.

"No. Don't you see the tens of risks that it's bound to take? It could end up costing us more money than it will make. Plus, there's an election season coming up, so wouldn't the next president reverse it? It wouldn't matter at all, so it's a waste of time." Michigan combated.

He was spitting out the very thing that I hated; unethical nonsense. It bothered me to such an extent that I was like a balloon that was at its most inner limit. It was so very frustrating.

"Still!" I bared my teeth. "The possibility of fixing problems is worth the effort, right?"

"Not if it causes more problems for us to deal with." He persisted.

I grunted and stomped off.

Everything was a competition these days, and it wasn't even over political views. It was only over our father and Cabi. Well, that was what it boiled down to, but there were a number of issues that we parted ways on. This being one of them.

I climbed up the stairs and slammed the door to my room. My feet gilded me over to my bed, as I fell onto the soft surface and angrily sighed.

I was just done.

I couldn't imagine what they were thinking; choosing a fraudulent woman we've only known for five months over their father, who they've known for most, if not, all of their lives! It was just ridiculous!

I tucked my hands underneath my pillow and laid my head on it, as my short hair sprawled out over it. A deep sense of resentment lingered in my thoughts and cursed every one of my colorful words that spilled out of my mouth.

My siblings were so blind-sided sometimes, with both my father and this intruder.

I was surprised that they were shocked when Cabi told them that America did some horrendous things. Of course he's done some bad things, he's a country for crying out loud! What country doesn't have a blood bath or two on their hands? And what do my siblings do to other countries? They look at them like idols. Yet, when it's our own father, they look at him with criticism and disgust.

That sounded very hypocritical if you were to ask me.

My door cracked open a smidge, "Hey, Delaware. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Rhode island." I mumbled, as I turned my head over to face my brother.

His brown eyes that contrasted against his pearly-white skin were filled with sorrow and he was hard to look at. He had come into my room completely biy this point, and had shut the door behind him.

I sat up and patted the space next to me. He nodded his head along and followed my nonverbal directions, "Really?" He questioned.

I bit my lip, "If I were to be honest with you...no."

"Why didn't you just say that earlier?" He asked. "What's wrong?"

I scratched the back of my neck and frowned, "I'm just so sick of everything. Especially the others."

His face was filled with recognition, sympathy, and understanding. "I know what you mean..." he gumly said.

We stayed there like that, just absorbed in our misfortunes. It wasn't a good way to be, but it was the only way we were capable of being.