Chapter 16

Ame's P.O.V (cursing and violence) (Redraw of Mexico)

Once I saw the last person exit out of Mexico's room, I took their place.

This all came as a shock to me and many others. No one expected the level of brutality that the South Wind held. It's no wonder why UN called in an urgent meeting.

I creaked open the door and found Mexico laying down in a white bed. She looked horrid. Specks of red pits were scattered all over her body, and they made her look monstrous.

A sharp vibration pulled me out of my staring. I quickly pulled out my phone and opened it.

A text from Mexico popped up at the top of my screen.

Mexico: ¿Dejarás de mirar? Es grosero. (Will you stop your staring? It's rude.) 

"Oh, yeah. Sorry about that." I responded out loud. She rolled her eyes and shook her head. I could clearly tell that she was annoyed. Whether that annoyance was directed at me or something else was unclear.

"Uh, do you want me to talk or use my phone?" She made a grunting sound and gestured to her phone. 

Phone it was then.

I nodded while I walked over to a chair positioned at the foot of her bed. Then I began to text her.

Me: Should I type in Spanish or English? You can choose. 

Mexico: No me importa. (I don't care.)

Me: English it is then. So, what have you been up to since, you know.

I glanced over at her from my seat, and saw a frown take over her face. This wasn't a solemn frown like I expected, instead, this one was bitter and full of rage. 

Mexico: Me he aburrido. Además, ¿no podemos mencionar algo en lo que no quiero pensar? (I've been bored. Also, can we not bring up something that I don't want to think about?)

Me: Sure! I didn't mean to upset you.

Now her face was written all over with suspicion with a mixture of doubt. 

Me: Can I ask another question?

Mexico: Si. (Yeah.) 

Me: I was wondering what you've been up to  since the last time we talked?

The last conversation that we had didn't end on a happy note. It was over a silly disagreement that escalated into politics, and naturally it got out of hand. 

Mexico: Multa. Algunos buenos momentos, algunos malos. Me metí en rompecabezas bastante recientemente. Aparte de eso, está bien. (Fine. Some good times, some bad ones. I got into puzzles fairly recently. Other than that, just fine.) 

Me. Oh, that's surprising and good to hear. 

Before I could type my next question, a little text bubble with loading dots appeared. 

Mexico: Muy bien, has hecho algunas preguntas, ahora es mi turno. ¿Que has estado haciendo? Escuché que desapareciste durante un mes más o menos. ¿A que se debió todo eso? (Alright, you've asked some questions, now it's my turn. What have you been doing? I heard that you disappeared for a month or so. what was that all about?)

Me: Well, I didn't actually realize that I disappeared in the first place. I was just spending time with my states. We had some good times. 

She rolled her eyes again, but a small smile graced her face. She always liked the states, she always masked her excitement, but I noticed it. She would come over every day if it wasn't for me.