Chapter 38

Ame's P.O.V (fowl language)

My breathing was erratic.

I didn't have a crutch to lean onto, so I felt crushed under the weight of misfortune.

Russia was calling out my name and clapping his hands to get my attention, but I was drained; physically, emotionally, and especially mentally.

"Америка, Америка, arrre you okay? Can you hearrr me?" (America) He frantically asked in a worried tone. He was hovering over me. I was currently seated on the toilet with the lid closed.

I slightly nodded my head, but it soon returned to its slouched position that it was in earlier.

His hands reached for my head, one tilted my head towards him and the other moved my hair that was obscuring his view of my stars. The hand swept the stands out of the way and it kept them there, as I heard him murrmer some numbers to himself.

I heard him stop abruptly and he let go of my hair. His eyes blinked rapidly, and I saw his shoulders rise and fall with each breath he took.

"Vell, uh..." Russia didn't know what to say. His voice was laced with uncertainty and it clearly showed fear of what was happening.

I was no different.

I was scared. This has never happened before, so I was hyperventalating over what this could mean.

It was either something to do with my states or my people. The former was definitely more likely, but the latter was the one that I wanted to believe.

Either way, anxiety soaked into my skin and my heartbeat sped up. This wasn't good, both for my country or myself.

"Arrre you feeling okay? Is anything happening to you physically, like spots of pain?" Russia questioned, with a sort of urgency in his voice.

I shook my head and he sighed in relief, "Good, zhat means zhat yourrr people arrren't rrrioting. Zhis means zhat it can be rrreverrrsed vith little consequences."

My breath caught in my throat. If it wasn't the people, then that left one option; my states. That would certainly have consequences, perhaps smaller or concealed, but it would definitely have them.

Russia seemed to catch onto my concern and responded with his own, "Vhat's vrrrong?"

"Russia," I croaked out. "If it has nothing to do with my people, who do you think it does have something to do with?"

The tri-colored country in front of me thought for a minute, before a realisation struck his face and he looked back at me, "Yourrr states..." He uttered.

I gulped and nodded.

"But I thought zhat you said zhat someone vas going to check on zhem. Did zhey see anything vrrrong?" His face was strained, even if he wasn't directly related to the situation.

"I don't know yet..." I sheepishly admitted. "I was only told that they were going, I haven't been updated on the situation since they got to my country."

Russia went silent for a moment before

"Do you zhink zhat ve should tell someone about zhis? You know, about yourrr starrrs."

He asked.

I bit my lip and nodded, I wanted someone else to provide a solution to me that I couldn't envision myself.