Chapter 52

Ame's P.O.V

The forest was truly a magical landscape. It was filed with so much life, so much privacy, and so much ignorance.

The green leaves above me cast down shadows that blocked the sun's rays from catching my eyes. Chirping and buzzing critters roamed the dirt below my shoes, while birds dove overhead. Streams near the rocky path caused a beautiful calming sound to surround the air, as the bank nearby was soaked with it's waves. Grass, wild flowers, and weeds covered the forest floor, but they didn't reach the light, dusty brown path.

My shoes stepped over rocks and snapped twigs whenever they came into contact with either of them. My breathing was rugged, sparse, and drained.

Sure, nature was pretty, but it was also very taxing. I had been outside for the past two hours digging my shoes into the coarse ground. My water bottle was drained by now, so I was beginning to feel the effects of dehydration.

"Arrre you okay?" A familiar person asked, as he stopped and turned back to me. "Ve can take a brrreak if you vant to."

"Maybe, Russia..." I panted. "That actually sounds very nice right about now."

I wanted to collapse into a blobby puddle right there and then, but Russia dragged me over into a nook of short and stubby grass. I removed a backpack that the Russian had lent me and tossed it to the side. My back hit the soft ground with a thump, while my limbs spread out like a starfish.

I sighed in contentment and let a feeling of pure bliss run through my veins. Russia placed his hiking bag to the side and slumped against the trunk of a tree. He unzipped the flap and pulled out a canister from the inside. He popped the lid off and took a drink.

He lowered the bottle from his lips and glanced at me, "Arrre you going to have some?"

"Nah, I ran out of my water about...thirty minutes back." I propped myself up on my hands, while my shoulders arched up. "So, I don't really have anything to drink."

"No vonderrr vhy zhis is taking a toll on you." He mumbled to himself. "Hey. Give me a second, and I vill get something forrr you."

"Russia, we're in the middle of nowhere. There is no getting something for-mhh!" Before I could finish my sentence, a cool canister whacked my face.

"Oh my god, arrre you okay?" Russia screamed towards me, as I fully sat up and took the bottle in my right hand.

"I"m fine, but where did you get this?" I questioned. I didn't really care about my question, since I was already busy tearing off the lid.

"I had an extra in my pack in case I rrran out of vaterrr, but you clearrrly need it morrre zhan I everrr vill." He responded.

I swarmed the cool drink and drank a good third of it before I stopped. My breathing was faster now, but it was lively.

"Uh, thanks. I really needed that." I graciously grinned.

"No prrroblem." He replied, while light yellow beams of light were cast over his face.

We stayed there for the next few minutes in a silent harmony, just listening for the sounds around us. A light breeze nipped at my cheeks and made my hair flow back.

Russia moved his hands to the ground and planted his feet. He stood up a second later and reached out his hand in my direction, "Ve should head back now." I took it and he pulled me up. We each retrieved our bags and stepped back onto the path, but we traveled in the opposite direction.