Chapter 30

Ame's P.O.V 

I inserted my key into the door, lassoed the knob, and started yanking on it. After a moment or two, it opened without an issue. 

I held the door open for Russia to walk through, he smiled as he passed me. My heart gave a small flutter and I smiled back. 

Once Russia was in, I pulled out my key, and stepped in myself. After that, I gently closed the door behind me, took off my shoes, and placed them near the side of the door. I then stood up and waited for my roommate to do the same. 

When he was finished, he straightened himself and glanced over in my direction. 

I started off the conversation. "So, how was your lunch with China?" I asked. Secretly, I was rather sad that he would want to ruin our routine of making something to eat together over someone whom I didn't particularly care for. However, I could understand if he needed a break from my personally, after all, I do have a reputation for being a bit of a talker. 

He shrugged his shoulders, "Meh, it vas fine. He made zhe food, zhen ve talked, but, otherrr zhan zhat, it vas a little borrring." He confessed. 

I cocked my eyebrow, as I suspiciously eyed him down. "Really? I thought that it would be more entertaining." 

He nodded, "Да, it vas a little bit tense. Nothing too bad, but it, uh, drrragged on." (Yes) He explained. "How vas yourrr meal vith South Korrrea?"

I quickly thought back to what happened. It was fine, not better than spending time with Russia, but we had our laughs. 

Damn America, you really have to slow your roll on the whole maybe having a crush situation. 

"It was also fine. We mainly talked about the last time we met up and inside jokes. It was a change of pace, but I was okay with it." I coached. 

"Oh, zhat is nice." 

Our conversation died out after that, though the comfy atmosphere remained. 

I looked at Russia while his eyes were glued to the floor. I felt the ends of my lips curve up into a crescent shape. 

But, as more time went on, the situation shifted away from comfort to a slight queasy feeling. Not that it was terrible, but it was unceasing and it made me feel slightly nauseous. 

After it crossed the line of being unbearable, I decided to exit and do something else. 

However, as I started to leave, I felt a hand lightly tug me back. I was surprised to say the least. 

I whipped my head back to meet his gaze, "Um, yes? Do you need something?" I asked in the nicest way I knew how to. 

Russia's hand traveled down my arm, until it let go before it reached my hand. "Erm, I just, um...Я не знаю, как это сформулировать." (I don't know how to phrase this.)

His hands started fiddling with one another, as he thought of what he was trying to say. 

He then sighed and looked at me, "I vant to spend time vith you." A dark purple tint lightly spread itself across his face. 

"With me?" I echoed, not really sure if I was hearing things or not. 

He sheepishly nodded, "Да уж, vith you." (Yeah) I gave him a quick questioning look, before he elaborated. "I vas missing you vhen I vas vith China. So I vant to talk to you."