Chapter 5

America's P.O.V  (I just felt that this art that I made relates to the chapter) (warning: swearing)

As I stepped into the bright room, the first thing to catch my eye was the large amount of seating, each labeled with initials. At the very end stood a wooden platform with a podium with UN's flag placed prominently on the front where every one could see it. A number of countries were dabbed through the large area, talking about random things with each other. 

Over near the podium, Portugal was speaking to Czech and Slovakia. On the very right of the space, Finland was chatting to Estonia. South Africa and their sibling Lesotho were discussing something with Nigeria in the last row of seats. A few islands were catching up with each other, namely Jamaica and Bahamas. Not a lot of the Middle Eastern countries were there, probably due to the tension in their part of the world. Some eastern countries could be spotted sitting down with other Eastern countries, but there were only one or two groups. Chile, Argentina, and Columbia were talking in the middle isle of chairs. 

I really wanted to revisit with my friends. Germany, Poland, Japan, South Korea, and even Mexico, but I wanted to keep Mexico's on the short side. However, to my dismay, not one of them was here. Granted, I was early, way too early in fact. There was a very slim chance that they would already be here, but alas, they were not. 

I never knew how much I missed seeing them until I wanted them to be here. I missed Japan's energy, Poland's caring nature, South Korea's gesticulations, Mexico's spicy personality, and Germany's calmness to balance out the chaos in our conversations. Even the miniature debates that we had, I forgot how much I needed it in my life.

Since none of them were here, I decided to catch up with Canada for a while. 

However, that required finding him first. It wasn't a hard feet, he's a lot taller than everybody in this room, but he likes to make himself seem smaller than he actually is. 

Within the next thirty seconds, I successfully located him sitting down signing to Greenland and Antarctica. I liked those two, they were quiet, but when you needed comfort or a warm play far away from home, their doors were always open. 

I greeted them in sign language. When I had Coronavirus, I was bared up in a hospital bed unable to lead my country like many others were. I decided to turn that bad experience into one that could benefit me. 

I learned something about sign language over that period of time. It relies on association to similar symbols, like a heart symbolizes love, pointing towards yourself in sign means I, my, mine, or me depending on the situation. 

'Hello, how are you' I signed, Antarctica looked up at me and then at my hands. 

'You sign?' He asked. 

I nodded, 'I learned how to during war times.' He nodded his head a bit, while he processed what I had told him.

'That's good.' He responded, he lightly tapped Greenland in hopes of getting him to notice me. It worked, Greenland turned towards Antarctica, as did Canada. Antarctica pointed towards me 'He can sign, isn't that great?'  

Greenland and Canada turned their heads towards me, sending me a questioning gaze. 'It's true, I can' I explained, both pairs of eyes widened in a mixture of shock and amazement.

'That's so cool, bro.' Canada told me. 

From there we began talking about different events that were happening all over the globe. As it turns out, Greenland and Antarctica were actually together. 'Nada and I congratulated the two on their relationship, their second year anniversary coming up on Valentine's Day. They thanked us, Greenland doing most of the signing since Antarctica was buried in his scarf. I also learned of the different conflicts in and out of countries. For instance, there was a sea skirmish going on between Denmark and Norway, but by the looks of things, it wouldn't evolve into anything big.