Chapter 8

Rus's P.O.V

UN started to take questions once again, but the whole room felt off. It was if each question was programmed to start a fight, but they never came. 

The questions consisted mostly of  evidence found at the crime scene and why they would target Mexico instead of working their way into smaller countries. I hypothesized that this group already did that, considering that nobody knew they existed until this very day. 

"Romania, what about you?" UN asked.

Romania stood up like each country before him. "So, what you're saying is that we don't know their location, their tactics, or who's already been visited. Keeping that in mind, we only know that they strike fast and hard. We also know that they make a preposition to the victim, if it gets refused, they don't hold back. This is an assumption of mine, but I believe that they will use Mexico as a warning to other countries,  making them join." As Romania sat down, UN nodded his head.

"That is a good thought, they are definitely going to use what happened to Mexico as a warning. We should also ask Mexico what they proposed to her that she rejected. It could help us get an understanding as to their motive." UN finished. 

The room stood silent for a minute, the loudest sound was from a fly buzzing around. Finally, UN sighed and rested his hands on the podium in front of him. 

"Look, I'm worried about America, could some of you go find him, it's been ten minutes." France's and Canada's hands shot up immediately, as well as Japan's. "You May go, but I need a few others to go too." No one volunteered.

It was strange, yet, at the same time, understandable. I knew Poland had separation anxiety, so he had to be practically glued to Germany. Germany was a bit paranoid and would start to get jumpy if he wasn't around somebody else. I don't really know South Korea's reason, I'd just assumed that he had one. 

But what really confused me was that UK didn't volunteer. Well, I guess that he might be here for the information since France would need it later.  

"Anyone else?" UN asked, still, no one moved. "Well, if no one will go voluntarily, I'll need to pick some of you. Last call for volunteers." The same thing happened. 

Strange, nobody wants to look for the egotistical pig. Meh, isn't my problem. 

"Well then, it seems that I'm going to have to resort to randomness." As UN pulled up his computer from inside the podium, a few countries started to squirm, worried that they might get picked.

It took a few second, but he eventually peered up from his screen. "I'm going to generate five of you too go look." He stated, the number surprised me, but then I remembered the others that already said they would look for the US. 

"Okay, the first is Nigeria, please go stand next too France." She stood up and partially shrugged, I could tell that she was alright with it, not really enjoying the opportunity, but not hating it either. 

"The next is Taiwan." He shuffled out from the middle of an isle and made his way over to Japan, greeting her in the process.

Before UN announced the next name, her nervously coughed. "Um, Iran, would you be up for looking for him?" As a response, Iran swung a line or curses in her language at him. "Alright then," he looked back down. "We can't have him go looking for himself." A few countries facepalmed. 

"Ah, here we are, Guam, please join the others." Guam happily hopped up from his seat and bolted to Canada and they did a "secret" handshake. 

UN paused again, presumably stumbling upon on one of the star spangled banner's adversaries.