The Magazine

The days that followed Lyra's and George's talk were good ones. Fred and Lee both seemed relieved that the two were back to normal, and the group talked openly about the plan moving forward.

So it made Lyra quite curious when she arrived at the Gryffindor table Monday morning for breakfast and there was a certain buzz in the air. Had the plan changed?

She crept up behind her group of friends, not quite sitting. George stiffened, and turned. As if sensing her on the spot. Damn him.

"Morning Love, want some breakfast?"

She narrowed her eyes at him. "What are you up to Weasley? There's trouble in the air."

He grinned and held up what looked like a letter. "Maybe, but not mine."

She slid into the seat next to him and noticed everyone was opening letters. "What do you mean not yours?"

"Harry's trouble I suppose," Fred added tearing open a letter himself. "Wrote to the quibbler about You Know Who and what happened last year."

"Now he's got a bunch of letters coming in from people all over." George added before leaning in and whispering, "afraid most people think he's a nutter though."

Lyra leaned over the table and grabbed one of the magazine's reading heading. "You can't be serious..." She looked at Harry a bit shocked, "Harry you were okay with this?"

"Had to be hadn't he? Couldn't very well have interviewed him if he hadn't been."

"It was my idea," Hermione said, "A chance for him to tell hid side of the story."

Lyra narrowed her eyes, "You blackmailed that tabloid writer didn't you?"

Hermione went very pink and averted her eyes. "Here's another one you've convinced, Harry!" she said in a cheery tone completely avoiding Lyra's question.

"Blackmail?" George asked quietly "what are you going on about?"

She waved him away, "I'll tell you about it later."

"What is going on here?" came a chilling voice to Lyra's left, she turned to see Umbridge standing behind Fred and Luna. Her eyes locked on Harry, "Why have you got all these letters, Mr. Potter?"

"Is that a crime now?" Fred sneered, "Getting mail?"

If Luna hadn't been between the two, she would have hit him. Instead, Lyra settled for sending him a warning look, which he promptly ignored.

"Be careful, Mr. Weasley, or I shall have to put you in detention," she said calmly. "Well, Mr. Potter?"

Harry stared at her for a moment in almost shock, it was clear he hadn't thought about what would happen when she found out. "People have written to me because I gave an interview," he said finally. "About what happened to me last June."

"An interview?" she asked, her calm demeanor starting to slip. "What do you mean?"

"I mean a reporter asked me questions and I answered them," Harry snatched the magazine from in front of Lyra and tossed it at the professor. "Here -"

She caught it and in an instant, her mood shifted, Lyra leaned away and George wrapped a comforting arm around her.

"When did you do this?"

"Last Hogsmeade weekend,"

Her anger only grew. "There will be no more Hogsmeade trips for you, Mr. Potter, How you dare . . . how you could . . ." She took a deep breath. "I have tried again and again to teach you not to tell lies. The message, apparently, has still not sunk in. Fifty points from Gryffindor and another week's worth of detentions."