The date and The Fight

The rest of  January seemed to fly by, and before Lyra knew it February was at Hogwart's doorstep. The cold harsh winter began to show signs of a warming wet spring. Lyra was always hopeful for rain, as she seemed to sleep a lot better through the storms. 

Not having Snape's extra classes seemed to benefit her greatly as well. Though she was initially disappointed about not taking them, she found that her preparation for the N.E.W.T's seemed to double now that she had Tuesday and Thursday nights off. Fred and George also appreciated having her around more. Though things were still a bit off between her and George. 

She wasn't going to let that get to her today though. she told herself as she headed downstairs for breakfast. Today they were going on a date, and she was determined to not be worried about it. 

George, Fred, and Lee were already down at breakfast when she arrived. George looked up his excitement immediate as she sat down at the table. "good morning." She said a bit nervously.

"Morning Love! You excited about our Valentine's date? Have you decided what you'd like to do?"

She slid a plate towards her and put a bit of scrambled eggs and toast on her plate. "Yes...but before I tell you I just want to say it's okay to say no... I mean if you think it's lame."

"You gonna spend the day studying in the library?" Fred teased.

"No, but I was wondering if you'd be okay not going to Hogsmeade..."

Georges excitement turned to worry. "Are you worried about the death eaters?"

"What? Oh no, nothing like that." Lyra's face scrunched "I know I usually love Hogsmeade but it's going to be crawling with couples and gushy pink decorations for Valentine's day."

Fred snorted, "Lyra that's kind of the point. Plus it's not like you and George aren't super gushy. You two are downright disgusting."

"What were you thinking?" George asked curiously.

"Well, I was thinking, maybe if Fred and Lee aren't busy, we could snag some food from the kitchens, and find a comfy place to sit and play some games and have lunch. Ginny also mentioned the Gryffindor team having practice if you wanted to go watch..."

George smiled, "that sounds like a lot more fun than going to make out in some stuffy pub." 

Lyra blushed. "I mean we can still make out if you want."

Lee spat out his drink causing both George and Fred to howl with laughter.

After breakfast, they headed back to Griffendore tower. Lyra thought they'd stay in the common room and was surprised when the boys kept walking and started up a set of stairs. She stopped at the bottom.

"What's up, love?" George said only a few places ahead of her.

"I don't know... I've never been up to the boy's dorm before is it allowed?"

Fred snorted. "You're not allowed in our common room but that's never stopped you."

"He has a point. It's not any worse than any of the other rules we break."

Seeing no point in arguing that, she hesitantly followed them up the stairs. The boy's room was very similar to when she had stayed with Hermione on Christmas Eve last year. It was empty due to everyone being at Hogsmeade, and they settled in with ease. George and Fred brought out a deck of cards and they switched back and forth between playing wizarding games and muggle ones.

It was surprisingly cozy in the dorm, despite the cold grey day outside. Lyra leaned into George as they as on the dorm floor playing cards. The fears that had been drifting at the edge of her thoughts for weeks temporarily forgotten. He didn't seem restless here, and that made her happy.