The Attack

Lyra was adjusting to life at Grimmauld place fairly well. She had found an odd love for the dark cold house, one she had a feeling no one shared. It was mostly the work they were doing when she was cleaning she didn't have to think. When she wasn't cleaning she was helping the twins find out what the order was up too and that was equally distracting.

On bad days where her mind couldn't help but wonder. She'd slink off and look for Sirius. They had bounded in an unspoken way over their discontent. He would often just let her sit in the same room as him and feel. He never demanded to know what was wrong or how she was doing. Even better, no one else was brave enough to bother her either when he was in a bad mood.

The few times someone had come around to harass her, usually the twins, he had snapped at them for being disruptive and kicked them out. She nodded a thank you to him, and they went back to doing their own things.

She knew this frustrated George. She often managed to slink away and find Sirius when he brought up the conversation they had the night she arrived at Grimmauld Place. It was one of these days that George had finally had enough.

He had sat posted in the hall outside the room he knew Lyra and Sirius was in, waiting for the weekly meeting to be held. It was a part of the house that no one really went into, due to the fact it hadn't been cleaned yet. He knew Sirius would have to go down to the meeting leaving Lyra no choice but to face him.

After about an hour of waiting, the movement could be heard from the room and Sirius opened the door and exited. He walked down the hall and out of sight. A couple of moments later the door crept open again. Lyra peaked her head out. She didn't notice him and swung the door fully open exiting the room as well.

The next thing she knew she felt hands grab her and gently throw her against the wall, pinning her there. He looked down at her, his eye burned fiercely with determination.

"G-George?" she said weakly her face turning blood red. He was only a few inches away from her, his jagged breath fanning her face. She couldn't think with him this close.

He leaned in closer pressing his lips to her roughly. She went rigid not knowing how to react. trying to fight her own overpowering emotions. Trying to push his out. It was impossible to though. Not when he was this close. He pushed his body up against hers letting go of her arms. He cupped her face and pulled her closer. Kissing her harder. Her stomach twisted, her heart raced. She finally gave in.

closing her eyes she wrapped her arms around his neck and stepped on her tippy toes moving closer to him. His hands left her face reaching under her and scooping her up, holding her to him. using the wall to partly support her weight.

She pulled away gasping for breath, resting her forehead on his shoulder. They stayed like this a moment both breathing heavily. tears began to well in her eyes and she knew he could feel how upset she was.

"Y-your a prat." she choked out into his shoulder.

She felt relief wash over him and he pulled her tighter to him. He kissed her neck softly. "I don't care, I'll keep being a prat if it means I can feel you like this again. That you don't feel it alone."

"D-don't you get it?" she wept no longer being able to hold it all in "It puts a target on my back. It put us in danger."

She felt him go stiff as the realization hit him. He placed her down and she looked up to meet his gaze. "Thats why you've been like this? Because you were afraid they'll be after us?" she nodded sniffling and he pulled her close again. "Lyra for a smart girl, you sure are stupid sometimes."

She jerked away again glaring now. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"They're already going to be after us. If he's really back, which he is, and he rises to power again then we're already on the shit list. You're a muggle-born, I'm a blood traitor in a family of muggle loving blood traitors."