Big Plans for Christmas

Despite all that had happened the next few weeks leading up to Christmas went pretty smoothly. Now that the Twins were not playing quidditch, they could dedicate themselves to the joke shop more, and they were finally able to role out with the skiving snack boxes.

They were a huge hit too, and Lyra was glad to see all of their hard work paying off.

"You excited for Christmas Break?" George asked one evening as they sat by the common room fire.

"Yeah... it'll be a bit strange though... not being with you and everyone else."

"About that... I was thinking, maybe I could come and visit and maybe you and your parents could come to the burrow for Christmas day, Harry's going to be joining us too."

"Really? Your parents would be okay with that?"

"Well, the thing is, I may have already written to Mum and told her you'd be coming."

Lyra laughed, "And what if I had said no?"

"Then you would have broken my poor mother's heart."

"I'll still have to ask, but I doubt it will be a problem."

"I figure, I'll come home with you hang out for a few days, and then we can all head to the Burrow together."

she leaned on him "You sure you won't be bored in a muggle home? My parents aren't Wizards after all."

"Nah, It'll be interesting. I can make fun of you for all the weird Muggle things you do."

Lyra laughed. "That's Fine, I'll make fun of you for all the simple muggle things you don't understand."

"Just how I want to spend my Christmas. Do you care if Fred comes too?"

"Of course not. I'll write to my parents about it tomorrow."

Lyra received their reply saying yes the week before break started, and as the time got closer, they all grew excited for the holidays. Before they knew it, it was the Last D.A meeting of the year, and the semester had wound down to an end.

"You guys excited for Today's meeting?" Lee asked as they walked to the room of requirement.

"Yeah," Lyra said, "It'll be nice to see the whole group right before the break."

They soon arrived and to Lyra's delight, the room had been decorated for Christmas. George nudged her pointing up at the ceiling. "Mistletoe." He said and raised his eyebrows.

She laughed "mmm maybe Fred will give you a kiss. What do you say Fred?"

He grinned. "In his dreams maybe, or whenever he decides to make out with a mirror."

"I've actually been curious about that." Lee asked and they all turned to him confused.

"Curious about George making out with himself?" Lyra asked with a grin.

"No," Lee said quickly realizing his mistake. "But it made me think about it, Lyra how do you always know who is who? Like even a while back, you called out to Fred and I from far away, and you were behind us. How'd you know it was Fred?"

"I've actually wondered about that too a bit." Fred said, "I mean, even our mum gets us mixed up sometimes, but you seem to know."

"mmm, let's just call it my sixth sense." She said airly.

"It's pretty obvious it's because I'm way more good looking than Fred."

Fred was about to retort when Harry called everyone's attention to start the meeting.

They all broke out into their normal groups and Lyra took to the sidelines to watch. Since it was just reviewing things they had already learned Neville was sparing with Ron and Hermione. It was a bit more useful for him since they actually struck back.

The room was warm, and she could feel the joy coming from everyone. Even Cho, who was usually a storm of emotions seemed to be happy in a bitter-sweet way. That was the real treasure of the DA. Yes, they were preparing for the worst. But at the same time, they were escaping it.

Harry blew his whistle, and slowly everyone stopped.

"You're getting really good," Harry said to the group, and Lyra could feel his pride. "When we get back from the holidays we can start doing some of the big stuff — maybe even Patronuses."

"I bet that's something even you'll want to learn." George said causing Lyra to jump. She hadn't felt him sneak up on her.

"Definitely. You'll have to teach me after you learn."

"Ooooorrr you could learn with us." He said nudging her.

"You ever place that bet with Fred about Harry and Cho?"

"No, why? You know something?"

Lyra nodded towards Cho, who was sending her friend away. "Mmmm somethings in the air."

"You sure your not just feeling something?"

She shrugged "maybe I'll tell Fred about it."

"Mmmm or we could split the reward?"

They were out into the hall now. George had waved Lee and Fred off. Wanting to walk Lyra back to her dorms.

As she said goodnight to him, and headed up to bed. She had no idea what was coming.