Patronus

Lyra walked briskly down the hall with Hermione trying her best to keep up with her Gryffindor friend. They were late to the latest D.A meeting, both loosing track of time in the library. "Oh I'm so excited, what do you think we'll be learning about today?" Hermione said beaming.

Lyra shrugged her shoulders, a small smile on her lips. "Not sure."

"I think Harry is finally going to have us practice our patronus charms!"

" That would be pretty cool, they're pretty hard to do though aren't they?"

"Oh I do hope I can do mine."

"If anyone can, I'm sure it will be you."

They had arrived at the room of requirement. Mostly everyone else already there. George looked up and beamed at her as she entered. She smiled back, and he made his way over to them. "Lyra! Was wondering where you were."

"Yeah sorry, we got a bit distracted studying for exams."

"That's alright," he reached up and lightly grasped her arm, "Listen, could I talk to you for a sec?"

Lyra looked over to Hermione, who raised an eyebrow but didn't object. She'd want to know about it later....Lyra turned back to George. "Of course."

She let him lead her away from everyone, to a corner of the classroom no one was in. She looked at him amused and questioning. What was so important that nobody could overhear them? He leaned in close, whispering into her ear.

"Let's go tonight. To the bath I mean. After the meeting."

Lyra turned very red and she was suddenly very glad he pulled her away from everyone else. "O-okay." She said nodding her head.

She could feel his joy skyrocket and he grinned ear to ear. "Brilliant!"

A whistle blew, and their attention turned to Harry. George slipped his hand into hers and squeezed it gently. "Alright everyone let's get started, we're going to be working on our patronus charms today."

Harry started off by demonstrating his patronus, a beautiful stag that lit up the room with a white warm glow. George could feel Lyra's surprise and wonder as she watched it prance around them, before disappearing into a light wispy mist. After seeing how they all broke up into groups and tried there hand at it. Fred and George seemed to pick it up pretty quick, but that didn't surprise Lyra. She touched the locket tucked under her robes. George after all, had already known his.

She like the others were struggling with it though. Only managing to create wisps of light and mist. She watched as Fred and George's flutter and fly about enviously. Both Magpies, who swooped and played with one another around the room. George must have caught her starring, because his faded to a mist. And he walked over to her.

"Still having trouble?"

She nodded, "but it's my first time so I suppose that's to be expected."

He studied her for a long moment, "I want to try something, I think it may help..."

"Go right ahead." She said smiling. George moved quickly, tugging her close to him and catching her off guard. "G-George what are you?"

"Trust me." He said smiling and she relaxed. He turned her around so she was facing away from him, wrapping his arm around her waist and holding her against him. "Alright now think of a happy memory, it can even be one of us if you like. Don't worry about everyone else in the room or what they're feeling. Don't worry if it works or not. Just the memory, and how it makes you feel."

She took a deep breath, closing her eyes, the room fell away, and all she could feel was her emotions, and his. Memories flitted between them. Hers, his, there's, and then all at once she was back on the train, his hands cupping her face. The soft feeling of his lips on hers. The warm summer sun dancing through the windows and doors of the train charts. How invincible she had felt then in his arms. Knowing he loved her, and she loved him, and because of that everything was going to be okay.