The Weasleys vs the muggle world

George awoke to the sound of a shower being turned on downstairs. He sat up, wide awake, and looked at the digital clock on Lyra's desk. Not even six yet, her parents must be up early. He debated just aperating back down into the room below, but it would difficult as there wasn't much space.

Lyra who had been curled up into him stirred. She grumbled something he couldn't quite understand and wrapped her arms around him, placing her head on his stomach. He blushed, his heart speeding up. Of course, she wouldn't make it easy for him to leave.

He ran his hand through her hair and sighed. "Lyra Love, you're going to have to let me up."

She didn't respond, must have still been asleep. The thought of her reaching out for him not even awake made his heart speed up again. He gently unlocked her arms and placed her back on the bed then looked around for his shirt.

Lyra raised her head now, reaching out and tugging on his PJ bottoms. "Come back." She said her words slurring together with sleep. "I don't want you to leave."

Why did she have to be so god damn cute? "Go back to sleep love."

"Mmmm" she grumbled and tried to pull him back to bed. He wasn't even sure if she was really awake.

He took a step closer to the bed covering her with the blankets and kissing her on the forehead. "It's too early for you to be up. You'll see me in the morning." She stretched and rolled over facing the wall, completely out. He chuckled, wondering if she would remember when she awoke.

Checking to make sure the water was still on and that there were no other sounds in the house. George crept from Lyra's room and back downstairs.

Fred was already awake when he entered the room.

"Cutting it a bit close there don't you think?" He said smirking.

"Nah, plenty of time. Could have just told them I got turned around looking for the bathroom."

Fred snorted and then stretched out. "And how's the sleeping princess?"

George leaned against the door, "out like a light, I doubt she'll even remember me leaving."

"She tell you what she wrote in her notebook?"

George went red and he glared at his brother. "I bet you got a real laugh out of that."

"Oh yeah, she's never living that one down. How corny is she?"

George rolled his eyes but said nothing.

"Bet you loved it though. You're just as lame as she is. Your both disgustingly perfect for each other." Fred said grinning.

George shook his head though. "You wait brother of mine. Someday your gonna meet some girl and she's gonna drive you half-mad. You'll be cornier than me just to make her smile."

"I'd have to be crazy for that to happen. Or seriously hit in the head."

"Your right, maybe you'll just end up with Lee for the rest of your life."

"Piss off!" Fred laughed and chucked a pillow at him.

George was about to retort when there was a knock on the door silencing them both. They shared a look before George stepped away from the door and opened it.

It was Lyra's father standing there. Freshly dressed and hair wet from the shower.

"I thought I heard voices," he said cheerily.

"Sorry," George said quickly, "We weren't being too loud were we?"

"What? No of course not. To be honest it's nice to have such lively company in the house. It's rare that we do. I just wanted to let you know the bathrooms free if you'd like to wash, and the wife's starting breakfast."