a Birthday with the Weasleys

Diagon Alley was as bustling and busy as ever. The air was warmer here than where Lyra lived, but not by much and she still shivered as she walked by George's side.

"Where to first?" She asked slipping her hand into his.

"To the bank, and then I think to get you a new coat."

She glared at him. "I don't need a new coat."

"Lyra, this will be a lot easier on you, if you just let us get you a couple of gifts." he sighed tugging her close, "Plus, I can practically see your teeth chattering."

She glared up at him. "One gift each. I don't like you two spending money on me."

"Maybe, if your well behaved." Fred joked, "Start giving us cheek and we'll buy you so much stuff you won't be able to carry any of it home."

She went to retort but George squeezed her hand causing her to look up at him instead. He could feel the anxiety Fred's remark stirred in her. "Relax Lyra, We've set this money aside for spending. It's our way of saying thank you for all the help you've given us with the shop. Without you and Lee, none of this would have been possible."

Her worry and guilt seemed to grow smaller at his words. "Do you two bring Lee on shopping sprees too?"

"Lee takes a cut of the money, a cut you refused." George countered. "Plus we go all out for his birthday. He loves nothing more than a good party."

She was silent for a moment, watching him closely. Probably trying to feel out if there was any way he was lying to her or had an ulterior motive. He gave her a dazzling smile and she sighed in defeat.

"Fine, I'll try my best not to put up a fight."

"Thats my girl."

She followed them to the bank willingly. Always excited about the idea of going to Gringotts. She seemed much more hesitant standing outside of the cloak shop though.

"Do I have to?" She asked as George began to drag her in.

"Yes."

"But I'm not even shivering."

Ignoring her, he dragged her over to a rack of cloaks as Fred went to go look at clothes in the men's section. "What's your size again?"

"None of your business." She said crossing her arms over her chest.

"Right. Let's find someone to help." He managed to wave down a seamstress who forced Lyra up on a stool to take her measurements.

"George I don't need a custom-made cloak. One off the rack is fine ."

"Don't listen to her," George said to the women who had stopped measuring. "It's for her birthday she's just being stubborn."

The women smiled. "What a nice gift for a loved one." She said smiling warmly. "What colors were we thinking young master?"

"Red."

"Blue."

They said at the same time. Lyra narrowed her eyes at him. He grinned back at her.

"Not to worry, Not to worry. I can grab both colors for the beautiful young lady." She said as she walked away to get the fabric.

"Of course you would pick red," Lyra teased "You know I'm not a Gryffindor right?"

He walked up behind wrapping his arms around her legs and peered around her to look in the mirror. she turned and leaned over him resting her arms on his head. "I didn't pick red because it's my color. I picked it because you look good in red."