First Day of Classes

Judging by the dark circles under her eyes, George Weasley's prediction seemed to have been spot on. Lyra yawned and then smiled at him and his twin as she sat down.

"Good morning Stone, you look as lovely as ever! I especially love what you've done with the bags under your eyes."

Lyra ignored Fred, pulling the plate of toast towards her and taking a piece.

"Didn't sleep well huh? Miss me too much?" George said with his award-winning grin.

"You two are as lively as ever." She sighed "Ready for your first day of classes?"

"We're ready to scout out some test subjects for our products."

She held up her hand "I don't want to know anything about it, the less I know the better."

"Sounds good Stone, you may already know too much."

"What's your schedule look like?" George asked eating a piece of bacon.

"No idea yet, I've got meetings with all of my professors today to work out my schedule."

Yells from around the hall drew their attention away from the conversation. Lyra looked up to see owls streaming in with the daily post. To her surprise two owls crashed into the table in front of them, knocking over several gauntlets of juice, and a plate of butter.

George felt his heart speed up as Lyra's mood completely shifted, her eyes lit up as one of the owls straightened and hooted at her merrily. She reached out a hand to the barn owl lightly petting the crook of its neck.

The other owl, who had previously been hoping towards the twins turned jealously and hopped over to her. She let out a musical laugh and reached up her other hand petting him too.

Was it strange to feel jealous of an owl? George thought as a blush crept up his cheeks.

"Oi, " Fred said point a sausage accusingly at the second owl "youre supposed to be delivering us a letter, not getting loved on by Stone."

Lyra glared at him "don't scold him, Weasley, he didn't do anything wrong." She turned back to the owl, her gaze softening, "could I see your leg?"

He let her grab his leg and untie the parcel, she tossed it over to Fred who caught it easily. She then grabbed a piece of bacon and offered it to the owl, who took it happily before flying away.

Then she turned to the original owl, stroking him again, "Is that one for me?"

He tilted his head at her before turning back to her plate and picking at her toast. She gently untied the parcel from his leg as well and put some bacon on her plate for him to pick at.

"Who's yours from?" George asked.

She shrugged unraveling the scroll and scanning it. "It looks like it's from Dumbledore, he's asked me to meet him tonight in his office after dinner."

"Really?" Fred said looking up from his letter. "What for?"

"No idea, it doesn't say. What about you two, what's your letter about?"

Fred handed it towards her, "just stuff for the joke shop."

She took it passing her letter to him and George. The owl still pecked merrily at her plate and George watched with amusement as she subconsciously reached out to pet it. Eyes still on the letter.

A trio of familiar voices is what made her look up, George followed her gaze over to His little brother Ron, and his friends Harry and Hermione. "Shall we go say hello?"