The Visitor

Lyra laid in her bed staring at the ceiling. A book she had lost interest in discarded and left on the floor. She thought at first, she had imagined the knocking. It was only until it turned to banging that she realized it was real.

She sat up, looking at her door. But then heard it again and whipped around. To look at her window. She got out of bed quickly rushing over to the window and pulling back the curtains. To her utter shock, George Weasley sat on the other side of her window, bobbing up and down on his broom. He grinned at her, and then pointed to the window asking for her to open it.

Had she drifted off to sleep after all? She wondered opening the window for him. "G-George?!"

He hovered up over her sill and then stepped down onto it. "You had me scared for a second there when you didn't answer, thought maybe I had the wrong window. What a mess that would have been."

She reached up and placed her hand on his cold cheek. "Is this a dream?" She said more to herself then him, and he probably would have laughed if it weren't for the fact she sounded so sad when she said it.

He crouched down, and sat on the sill, placing his broom down and pulling her into his arms. "Nope, I'm really here."

She melted into him. Gripping tightly to the front of his jacket and burying her face into his chest. Breathing him in deeply. Tears in her eyes. "What on earth are you doing here?"

"You stopped replying to my letters. So I came to make sure you were okay." George spotted the fresh blood red letters carved into the back of her hand, and lightly grabbed her wrist pulling it up gently to look at it in the light of the moon. "and it looks like it's a good thing I did."

Lyra instinctually flinched away from his touch. It had been almost two months since he had left after all, and lately anytime someone grabbed her, it usually wasn't good. "I'm okay." She said out of habit.

"It looks like shes had you in detention every night since I've left." He said softly.

"Nothing I can't handle." She replied, but even she knew she didn't sound convincing. "So you didn't get any of my letters?"

He shook his head no and she sighed.

"I figured as much."

"Why don't you let me come in?" George said pulling her close to him again, careful with her hurt hand. "Let me take care of this for you."

She stood back and let him slide down from the sill down onto his feet. He shut the window behind him, and now that he was in the room looked around. It was much smaller then the normal Hogwarts rooms. With one desk, a bed, and a door that looked like it lead to a bathroom. He supposed that made sense since it was just her. Lyra walked over and picked up a book that had fallen to the floor, placing it neatly on the end of her bed. She stood akwardly, her arms wrapped around herself.

"Is that your bathroom?" He asked.

She nodded.

"Well comm'n then, let's take a look at that cut of yours."

She led him into her bathroom, the murlap essence was already on the edge of the sink. He also noticed bloody bandages and an empty potion bottle in the trash. Clearly Umbridge had been having her in detention almost every night. He sat her on the edge of the tub, cleaning her wound with soap and water, and applying the murlap essence paste to it.

"Any bandages left?" He asked.

Lyra shook her head no.

"That's alright." He said softly reaching up and moving the hair out of her eyes. Lyra hadn't met his gaze. Her eyes stayed downward too the floor. "will you take a shower with me?" He asked, before he could stop himself. "you can wait for me if you rather."