Gryffindor vs Slytherin

It was a cool November Morning as Lyra headed down for breakfast early. The entire castle seemed to be buzzing with excitement and the great hall was a sea of Reds and Greens. 

"Lyyyyraaaa!" came a familiar voice, in a sing-song tone. She turned to see Geroge and Fred running towards her. Geroge swept her up into his arms and spun her. "Hello, my love!" 

"Your in a good mood this morning." She laughed as he placed her down. 

"Of course he is!" Fred said, pumping his fist into the air. "Today's the day we are going to kick Slytherins butts!" 

"And your going to be there to watch us!" George added his excitement and joy rolling off of him in waves, making her quite giddy.

"Yes, Yes I'm going to come and watch the match. I already have plans to sit with Ginny and Hermione to cheer you all on." 

He swept her up in his arms again."Brilliant!" 

Lyra laughed. "I'm glad you're so excited but do you think you could put me down so I can go eat breakfast?" 

He placed her down. "Yes, but first...." 

He swung his backpack off and rummaged through it, pulling out a maroon knitted sweater with a large golden G on the front of it. 

She raised an eyebrow? "What's that for?"

He and Fred grinned wickedly, "Well you can't cheer us on if your not wearing the proper colors." Fred teased.

George handed her the sweater and she laughed again, "George, this'll be a dress on me." 

"That's because its mine." 

Lyra felt her heart speed up, though she didnt know why, of course it was his. She looked at the two of them questioningly.

"Comm'n Lyra!" George begged but he could hardly keep the amusement out of his tone. "Wear it as a good luck charm."

"If you don't wear and we lose, it'll be your fault." Fred added. 

"That is definitely not how that works" They went to cut her off but she raised her hand up to stop them. "But if it will really make you two happy, I'll wear it anyways." 

They cheered in victory as she slipped the large sweater over her head. As she predicted it was way to long for her. Her being so short, and George so tall, meant she usually swam in his jackets. 

"I told you it'd be way to big on me." she laughed. 

"Mmm I don't know." George replied closing the distance between them once again, "I think red may just be your color." 

Fred rolled his eyes, "I'll give you two a moment then" and turned to walk back towards Griffendor table. 

"George, its breakfast." Lyra said, trying to sound exasperated. 

He picked up on her teasing tone though, "Comm'n Lyra, a good luck kiss?"

"mmm maybe if you win." 

"I'll hold you to that." 

"Speaking of good luck," She pulled something out of her pocket, "I was going to give you this as a confidence booster, but now I'm thinking you could do with a little less." 

She opened her hand to reveal a folded up blue ravenclaw tie. It was almost identical to the one he had given her, except blue and bronze instead of red and gold. 

Georges's heart lept and he couldn't help himself, he pulled her close again and kissed her solfty on the forehead. 

She stared up at him, wide eyed, beat red and completely flustered.